Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Fixed Price Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I list a name for $500 on Sedo and someone buys the name for $500, can I still send it to the sedo auction?

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you can only send it to auction if someone makes an unsolicited offer on the name.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I list a name for $500 on Sedo and someone buys the name for $500, can I still send it to the sedo auction?

afaik , NO . If you list with a fixed price , it's as good as a Buy It Now price.& if someone accepts that , he is obliged to pay and you are obliged to sell.

If you wish to send to auction list it with Make Offer.(of course you can list with reserve price)

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thx guys, if someone made an offer below my reserve, could I still send it to auction without it selling? Because I see auctions which say Reserve has not been met.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no personal experience with the fixed price on SEDO, but I remember someone (on DNF) complaining that the seller sent the name to the auction even if it was listed with a fixed price. So that fixed price isn't quite a BIN.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IF you list fixed price, you have to sell it at that list price.

IF you receive an offer less than your reserve, YES, you can send it auction.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yep, I know that but what happens if my reserve is not met? As mentioned I see names at sedo on auction and their reserve has not been met.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, I know that but what happens if my reserve is not met? As mentioned I see names at sedo on auction and their reserve has not been met.

for general listings at sedo:

when you receive an offer at sedo, which is lower than your fixed price or lower than you want to sell for, then you can send to auction.

that offer will be your reserve and you are obligated to sell the domain at the closing bid.

when you submit your domain to a special auction like the past "careers or "adult" auctions, then you are allowed to have a reserve price.

if the bids do not reach the reserve, then the domain does not sell.

though you should consult sedo rep for official explanation

imo...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for general listings at sedo:

when you receive an offer at sedo, which is lower than your fixed price or lower than you want to sell for, then you can send to auction. that offer will be your reserve and you are obligated to sell the domain at the closing bid.

I was not aware of that Don. So as an example, if I have a name listed for say $5,000 fixed price and there is a small $200 offer and I send it to auction then I must eventually accept the $200 if no higher ones, is that right?

Have not used Sedo for selling in the past but noticed when I make offers there my offer is frequently rejected with a message re the higher seller price expectations. Why does that happen if in fact lower offers are allowed :?:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
message re the higher seller price expectations
That will happen with non-reserve names as well.

The seller/owner can set minimum offer acceptable. If your offer is less than minimum accepted to consider, it will automatically be rejected by Sedo's system.

An offer at or above the minimum you set will be forwarded to you for consideration.

This cuts down greatly on low ball offers and the auto-rejection is a huge time saver.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was not aware of that Don. So as an example, if I have a name listed for say $5,000 fixed price and there is a small $200 offer and I send it to auction then I must eventually accept the $200 if no higher ones, is that right?

Have not used Sedo for selling in the past but noticed when I make offers there my offer is frequently rejected with a message re the higher seller price expectations. Why does that happen if in fact lower offers are allowed :?:

Hi Trader

the answer is yes to your first question

and Doc Com does a good job explaining the latter part of your question below.

That will happen with non-reserve names as well.

The seller/owner can set minimum offer acceptable. If your offer is less than minimum accepted to consider, it will automatically be rejected by Sedo's system.

An offer at or above the minimum you set will be forwarded to you for consideration.

This cuts down greatly on low ball offers and the auto-rejection is a huge time saver.

on a few names, i had to use that feature to eliminate a multitude of $60 bids trying to get me to send to auction. :)

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now I can tell you for sure how it is.

If you have a name listed with a fixed price and you receive an offer at that price, you still have the option to send the name to the auction, if you want. I am telling that from my own experience, that happened today with a name I've had with a fixed price. I can send the name to the auction w/o any problem, the "Start Auction" button is there.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That's the way it SHOULD work, but it does not.

There are bugs in Sedo's system which they simply refuse to fix (I've filed support tickets -- ignored). I WANT to have most of my domains set to fixed pricing, but even when the asking price = sale price = offered amount, I'm still offered the chance to RAISE the offer or send it to auction (or reject offer).

That's just wrong. An offer at asking price should be a quick sale, period.

Unfortunately, Sedo doesn't agree with me.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the way it SHOULD work, but it does not.

There are bugs in Sedo's system which they simply refuse to fix (I've filed support tickets -- ignored). I WANT to have most of my domains set to fixed pricing, but even when the asking price = sale price = offered amount, I'm still offered the chance to RAISE the offer or send it to auction (or reject offer).

That's just wrong. An offer at asking price should be a quick sale, period.

Unfortunately, Sedo doesn't agree with me.

suppose you had a fixed price on a LL.org at $500 and you forgot you had it listed at sedo for that price.

now here comes a buyer who offers $500 for the name and you get an email saying that you "Have to sell" for that price.

would it be right to force you to sell and not give you the options that you currently have?

think it over...

:)

imo...

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

I would like to offer a little clarification about our sales and pricing options. Fixed Price, Make Offer and Not for Sale are the sales settings available to any domain listed in your account.

Setting a "Fixed Price" indicates that the domain is for sale at a set price. A domain listed as "Fixed Price" is marked by a blue "Buy Now" button on the offer page. The seller is obligated to sell the domain to the first buyer who agrees to purchase the domain for the listed "Sales Price."

Setting a domain as "Make Offer" indicates the domain is open to receive offers and the seller has the option to negotiate. A domain listed as "Make Offer" is marked by a blue "Make Offer" button on the offer page. Buyers may place offers in line with the "Seller's Listing Price" or Minimum Offer, depending on the specific listing.

• The minimum offer amount simply ensures you will not receive bids through the system below that amount. If a bidder tries to enter an amount below your minimum they will receive a message.

• The listing price is the amount you are looking to receive for the domain, however it is not a buy now price. It simply provides the bidder with a price expectation. The seller still has the option to submit a counter-offer or push the domain to auction.
You are welcome to set both a listing price and a minimum price as long as the listing price is a greater amount.

If a domain is set with a "Fixed Price" you should not be given the option to push the domain to auction. You would receive notification that an agreement has been reached. If you are give the auction option then you most likely have the sales setting as "Make Offer" with a listing price. If you are experiencing any issues with this please let us know.

If you have any further questions you may contact our Customer Care Team at www.support.sedo.com.

Regards,

Lisa

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If a domain is set with a "Fixed Price" you should not be given the option to push the domain to auction. You would receive notification that an agreement has been reached
Lisa, few days ago I've had a domain listed with a fixed price and I've seen that option to push it to auction. Well, I didn't push it to auction so I don't know if it would have worked, but that auction button was there.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to offer a little clarification about our sales and pricing options. Fixed Price, Make Offer and Not for Sale are the sales settings available to any domain listed in your account.

Setting a "Fixed Price" indicates that the domain is for sale at a set price. A domain listed as "Fixed Price" is marked by a blue "Buy Now" button on the offer page. The seller is obligated to sell the domain to the first buyer who agrees to purchase the domain for the listed "Sales Price."

Setting a domain as "Make Offer" indicates the domain is open to receive offers and the seller has the option to negotiate. A domain listed as "Make Offer" is marked by a blue "Make Offer" button on the offer page. Buyers may place offers in line with the "Seller's Listing Price" or Minimum Offer, depending on the specific listing.

• The minimum offer amount simply ensures you will not receive bids through the system below that amount. If a bidder tries to enter an amount below your minimum they will receive a message.

• The listing price is the amount you are looking to receive for the domain, however it is not a buy now price. It simply provides the bidder with a price expectation. The seller still has the option to submit a counter-offer or push the domain to auction.
You are welcome to set both a listing price and a minimum price as long as the listing price is a greater amount.

If a domain is set with a "Fixed Price" you should not be given the option to push the domain to auction. You would receive notification that an agreement has been reached. If you are give the auction option then you most likely have the sales setting as "Make Offer" with a listing price. If you are experiencing any issues with this please let us know.

If you have any further questions you may contact our Customer Care Team at www.support.sedo.com.

Regards,

Lisa

NOT TRUE.

I have many fixed price domains on your system (uploaded and refreshed monthly via bulk upload) and their listing has a "More Info" button, and buyers are prompted to make an offer ABOVE my price.

I have complained about this many times via your support system and in person at seminars your company has attended, and Sedo refuses to make the "Fixed Price" option work as you describe.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello,

When using our search tool you will see a button for more information if the domain is listed for sale as "Fixed Price or Make Offer". From there you will be brought to the domain's offer page where you will see either a blue "Buy Now" or "Make Offer" button.

Exxe & JuniperPark can you please PM me an example domain and I can look into your individual issues?

Thanks,

Lisa

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just did a re-sync and the fixed price option NOW WORKS as it should!!! Yeah!!! My 2 years of complaining has paid off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom