Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO gave my domain away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sedo has given my domain name away. 10,000 unique hit domain. gone!

has anyone ever experienced this with sedo!? I won this domain 1 month ago and the process was so bad. unbelievable.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had won an auction from sedo almost a month ago. Before selecting "bid", i was asked to select a registar. i selected godaddy.
i won the domain name, paid for the domain name, and waited for a long time. Then i was told to open an account with a japanese company [[Value-domain(.)com]]. This company is only in Japanese. you have to understand japanese to do this. I opened one up and waited.
I was given an excuse from sedo saying that they were relocating their office. I dont care. the domain world doesnt stop because of relocation of their office. especially if im waiting on a 10,000 unique hits a day domain!

Finally, sedo emailed me saying that the name was sent to my account to the above company in japan.

It wasnt.

I emailed [[Value-domain(.)com]] all day today and they told me that the name..... get this..... "WAS NEVER SOLD ON AUCTION"!!!

i called sedo....no answer.

I emailed the most nastiest letter i have every emailed in my life. yet to receive an email, but i guess they will say some stupid crap like "uh...our electricity was cut off....."

This is bad.

I agreed to the contract, they said it was pushed (got the emails too). Now i have the japanese affiliate waiting for 10,000 unique hits a day. could have been making a lot, but now, i am making nothing!

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MD, firstly I am not a great fan of Sedo's, so what I say you should read knowing that.

Firstly, it is totally daft I know, but Sedo do not work weekends! In fact they, like many other PPC companies only work office hours Monday-Friday. In an industry that boasts it never closes it is about time that these idiots got off their backsides and realised that the internet is 24 hours a day every day of the year! So as for phoning them today you had no chance. Phone contact might be available on Monday morning at 9a.m. Central European Time (CET).

I know the excuses that are used and to say the least are laughable. But I have found that such companies are using the same kind of excuses that were a parody of bad business practices 30 years ago.

If you have paid for the domain and they (Sedo) say they have pushed it to the new account then you should be covered. However, I wonder who has made the income from all those visitors in between the old owner having the domain and when you receive it?

All I can suggest is that you accept that Sedo host massive parties for its cream of domainers and has to pay for them somehow.

Good luck.

shambles

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
methinks you're being a trifle paranoid here

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
methinks you're being a trifle paranoid here

me thinks ye are right.

After sending a threatening letter, it finally came through 2 days later. took about a month to transfer to another user of the same registar. Then i transfered to another registar in 1 day!

totally against sedo in the communications area

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom