Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo guessing keywords from the Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody else notice that Sedo is displaying ads what they THINK the domain name is realted to instead of displaying ads for the keyword that is set? That is terrible for those domains for which this is not a match..., imagine you have a former games-site that is named tool... the ads show tool ads not game ads..that needs fixing..

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is possible that there is no advertising available for the keyword you set. I have noticed that some domains of mine perform extremely at a certain stage, and looking at the advertisements on the parked page I saw they were very relevant. Then performance dipped, checking the parked page again, the ads are barely related and therefore CTR is low.
I guess the advertisers are not always there when you need them :cool:

Do not let Sedo "auto-optimize" domains for you, set your keywords, put your domains in the right language and category and always preview the page to check what they look like. If the CTR is disappointing try another keyword after a while.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been raising hell about this for weeks!

Bleachermob.com...a 7 year old Sacromento Kings fansite with huge traffic. Picked up on the drop. Placed on SedoPro. KEYWORDS: SACRAMENTO KINGS NBA BASKETBALL

In the less than a month and a half since I have parked this domain, there has been 2,251 views and only 37 clicks. Those 37 clicks occur when, by chance, something relating to the NBA does appear. What has been appearing:

BLEACH
BLEACHERS
PORTABLE BLEACHERS
MOB
MOB CONTROL

The same with another expired domain name: QIIO.COM. The keywords entered are exactly what the site used to be and based on historical data for that site and domain name.

KEYWORDS:
Entrepreneur
Boston
Quality improvement organization
Franchise
You tube

Ads appearing:
Press Ganey Associates The leader in health care satisfaction measurement. www.pressganey.com
Self Employed? Affordable Coverage Custom-Tailored to Fit Your Needs and Budget www.InsurancePad.com
United Health Care View United Health Care Info. Get Free Insurance Quotes. www.Insurance-Compare-Save.com
Medicare Plan in York New Find the right plan for you at the official Health Net site HealthNet.com/Medicare
Nursing Homes Find The Perfect Nursing Home For Your Loved Ones. Free Consultation. NursingHomes.com
Self Insured & Funding Reinsurance and Stop Loss Medical Self Funded Programs www.providerrisk.com
Coast Medical Billing First Month of Service FREE! Call Toll Free: 800-913-8010 coastmedicalbilling.com
Health Insurance Plans Find the Right Health Insurance, Right Price, Right Coverage Now! www.HelpMeFindInsurance.com
healthcare reimbursement Submitted quickly, rejected claims Appealed & non-payments resolved www.radiancehp.com
Health Care Free information and resources about Health Care Personal-Care-Aide.xaffix.com

What does nursing homes, medicare, health care claims, and medical billing have to do with QIIO.COM? Not a damn thing. That is why out of 6,331 views there has been a grand total of 20 clicks. And that has just been about 3 and a half months.

I have pulled both of these off sedo and giving serious consideration to more.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i understand that sedo wants to menetize domains that people are too lazy to set keywords for, but as soon as the user changes the keyword that should overwrite any default sedo thinks makes sense

cyf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i understand that sedo wants to menetize domains that people are too lazy to set keywords for, but as soon as the user changes the keyword that should overwrite any default sedo thinks makes sense
Actually, I think that's the case: if you set your keywords (unless these keywords are "prohibited", ie. adult oriented), they overwrite Sedo's keywords.

But sometimes, I have default keywords doing better than the ones I chose... ;-)

---

nanoblog.com - Auction running - 2 days left!
http://www.sedo.com/auction/index.php?domain=nanoblog.com

Cartack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problem with one of my domains. Sedo assumes that the keyword in the domain represents the advertising content. In my case my domain has a different meaning in another language, and 90% of the traffic is non english. I have fine tuned the keywords, but the domain keyword still shows up.

rh287

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well on one of my domains which gets a lot of traffic is loading a page of web design and such companies about every other click. (Or sometimes every third click). These page loads are very unrelated to my master keyword. I feel this is costing me a lot of clicks as my click through rate as it is now is 34%. When the pages load with the correct content the ads are perfect.

In Sedo's defense, I emailed my account Rep about this and nd he got back with me in a matter of an hour or so. ( I was surprised). He changed my master keyword slightly and said that should help some but he couldn't stop it all. Said the master keyword must be bring those advertisers clicks. I think this domain was once an HTML editor webmaster site or something. Anyone ever hear of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom