Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO high RPM's , then drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckly

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how come, i add a domain, the first few days it is doing GOOD RPM's and good revenues, then after a few days, then the RPM's and hence the revenues drop as well....... ? uniques/clicks stay pretty much around the same level

Is SEDO playing tricks or something?

ckly

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
adapt? what does ADAPT your share mean? they adjust your share so it's "OK"?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its called baiting, where they entice you with great revenue for the first week to encourage you to bring over all your domains afterwhich they drop the revenue to World War 2 ration prices.

Welcome to the rollercoaster revenue program.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how come, i add a domain, the first few days it is doing GOOD RPM's and good revenues, then after a few days, then the RPM's and hence the revenues drop as well....... ? uniques/clicks stay pretty much around the same level

You have to measure your domains performance over a period of time.

perhaps 30 days or 60 days, when comparing to others services.

I am in the process of comparing a few domains with sedo an another service.

One of the domains were parked at sedo for approximately 30 days, with a click rate of 28% an epc around $0.13

The last few days at another service shows:
31% click rate and epc of $0.08

So, even though the other service has just added a new template which is specifically geared for the domain, their EPC is lower than Sedo's but their Click Rate is higher.

Test for yourself to get the best info!

ckly

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok instead of sedo, what other programs are good out there?
it's hilarious that their "baiting" strategy is so obvious, RPM really drops a lot

i have accounts with domainsponsor, parked, fabulous, which one should i try use? :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok instead of sedo, what other programs are good out there?
it's hilarious that their "baiting" strategy is so obvious, RPM really drops a lot

i have accounts with domainsponsor, parked, fabulous, which one should i try use? :)

I would not agree with any "baiting" strategies being used, as all of these services have their ups and downs.

I too have accounts with all of those that you mentioned except "parked".

You will find that each service's performance will differ as it relates to the domains which are parked there.

Some will pay higher for certain categories or subjects, some may get higher CTR but lower EPC or vice versa.

There is no best PPC service for ALL domains ....as most domainers who park do not put all their eggs in one basket.

It's the same as the stock market or a retirement fund. Smart investors don't put all their money in one stock!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ckly.

You can try programs like NameDrive, Parked and Trafficz.

I agree that you should measure over a period of time, but I am sure the comments on this forum will show that SEDO are a law unto themselves. They are the only program that make up their own PPC prices based on metrics that are only known to them.

If you want easy domain management and great customer service, then you should look elsewhere as SEDO offer nothing but headaches and stress, bundled with the crap revenue and dreadful customer service, you have yourself a cocktail for disaster.

I would not agree with any "baiting" strategies being used, as all of these services have their ups and downs.

Then you are the minority...

It's the same as the stock market or a retirement fund. Smart investors don't put all their money in one stock!

That's a dreadful analogy, each domain name will be of different stock as they would target different markets.

The facts are that most people who invest in the stock markets use a SINGLE brokerage firm.

Parking Programs are the Advertising Brokers for Companies like Yahoo and Google.

:eek:k:

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yes, there is a significant revenue drop in last 3 days (even 40% down). The interesting thing is that my good earners domains suddenly lost half of their daily traffic each?!! They are from different categories and keywords. Amazing change :?:

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it totally seems like they are changing the payout of a keyword if they notice you are making good money on it..either that or they are doing it for the entire account..there are up and downs in the PPCs in all parking companies, but Sedo has still failed to explain how their extreme changes happen, it has nothing to do with 30 or 60 days, thats just some excuse, like the "dynamic keywords" BS..they are not honest about it and everybody that could answer the question is not on the forum or willing to share that..because the people that do want to answer that question from Sedo here are not being told the truth either..best you can do is to try out different parking companies for all domains and see where they perform best..

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have same story. a domain first month,keyword "real time" CPC about 1.2Pond.
But second month ,same keyword,CPC only 0.03 pond.
I wish what I said this time, do not cause my account dangerous.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom