Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo hits record - 3 months since sale - still waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkeri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I’m outraged, mad, hugely disappointed of domain business in general and Sedo is playing major part in my case.

Case started when codename certain...com was auctioned (locked) at Sedo 20th of august. It was pure code name thought I promised the website, index page files and listed domains with the “code name”. How ever Domain was way secondary in this whole package (my add):

"140 domains for the money of one! ...certain….com will be transferred to the new owner on top of these domains. Site will have to go through redoing after sale but index page will come in as a tool for copying pages. Web pages are easy to modify for new owners purpose. Domains however are the real value in this auction. "

Have a look how time has passed:

08/20/07 - Agreement reached
08/21/07 - The buyer of the domain has yet to confirm his personal details and contract type. Every effort is being made to contact the buyer in order to get him to complete this information. Once this has been done, the transfer can proceed to the next stage.
08/22/07 - We have invoiced the buyer for the sale of your domain. As soon as the payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.

09/24/07 - We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to wait for certain details from the buyer so please be patient during this period.
OVER 1 MONTH GONE since actual bidding was closed.
(I sent multiple requests to person in charge about why not taking second biggest bid since it was 50 pounds less. Sale price 1150 Pounds, second bid 1100. (140 domains! Some of which people individually pay more!))
09/24/07 - Please send us the log files about your website.

09/28 email to this guy in charge
-Hi -----,I unlocked all the domains and replied to all emails (140) to confirm the transfers. To what I understand, domains are now transfered but I assume you
will get the confirmation from this country. (took little effort to understand
the foreign language)

10/10 Went two weeks after which buyers representative contacted me directly and wanted website files although I was asking and waiting just directions what next, ready to do what it takes to get it over with. After I sent the last file to buyers’ representative, I never heard anything from there after…
I kept asking the release of the money and everyone kept ignoring me although I wrote about my tricky financial situation… counting on something

11/08/07 (November 8th) - This domain requires an authorization code (AUTH-Code) in order to be transferred. Please ask your registrar for this code and send it to us as soon as possible.

Now where does this fit in that 11 weeks after the auction is over comes single domain authorization code request!!???: the actual certain…..com authorization code!
No one was one bit interested of the actual Certain…com name or the site but it was just drag in the process. Countless emails that I sent asked when, what, how, do you even want this silly name??

11/12/07 - The buyer has started transfer request. Please confirm the next transfer request from XXXXXXXXX, or contact us to verify the request to be confirmed.

All this time I was ready to roll over and do what ever as quickly as possible to get the money fast but broker (s) didn’t have anything under control. He wasn’t one bit interested because commission was small contra many domains sold and work related to it.

Now he still wants to keep the money for this domain that no one ever even wanted. It seems to have to be in a phonebook before they can do it!
List of 140 domains had some real pearls in it. Within time range and little marketing many of the domains will sell four figures - individually.

I’m massively disappointed how Sedo and especially certain broker (s) has handled the sale. After my part of domain transfer was over and I heard nothing, my friend said that this sounds like a scam. After 8 weeks I started to feel the same. Now I am starting to be without words and my stomach feels sick constantly since this money pays my rent for 6 months and its been promised forward.

AND CURRENT SITUATION AS OF 16th of November ….. Still &%*(($#@@)) waiting…

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
140 domains for roughly $1800....hmmm

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Kikkeri,

Can you PM me the domain, so I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Tom

Kikkeri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1 domain for roughly 10.000.000. Hmmm. That is not the point here: price per domain. Point is how they handle stuff. But it is true if I had more time and interest in sales I could have capitalized some of these individual domains with 4 figures. Instead now I'm begging and waiting miracle to happen that Sedo could beat that 3 month time period which comes 19th.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I understand your frustration but the point is you are making a small profit - about $2 per name - not worthy of the aggravation.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Kikkeri,

As per my previous post - Please PM me and I can try and see if i can help.

Best,

Tom

Kikkeri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM sent

PM sent.

Which brings me to an other point. As a rookie to business 1 year ago I thought there might be some pearls out there for crabs. I did find some. Bought a bunch, learned how to make websites, thought good investment. Actually when you find suitable web tool for you its easy to make nice sites. My saviour was vodahost.

I made site selling these domains, contacted straight some people that could possibly be interested of any of my stack *at best 180 domains.

I hope that one day I can look this day back and laugh hard - but now I'm far from that.

Thumbs up. There's actually a Sedo person trying to help and find out what's going on... Can he reach out and make it happen under 3 months. Save me from being kicked out of my bungalow...? I'll keep you updated.

Sedo person is actually trying to help with the case. I'll keep you posted with the schedule. Can they finish the sale under 3 months?

P.S is it my fault if someone buys the product but doesn't collect it on time??
Lets say transfer code is send before domain goes old but new buyer fails to do renewal on time because of incompetence or other reason...?

Sedo person is actually trying to help with the case. I'll keep you posted with the schedule. Can they finish the sale under 3 months?

P.S is it my fault if someone buys the product but doesn't collect it on time??
Lets say transfer code is send before domain goes old but new buyer fails to do renewal on time because of incompetence or other reason...?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Best of luck. And you're right there are some "pearls out there for crabs" but you need to do some scuba diving training first :D

BinderGang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration but the point is you are making a small profit - about $2 per name - not worthy of the aggravation.

Any profit is profit.

Kikkeri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best of luck. And you're right there are some "pearls out there for crabs" but you need to do some scuba diving training first :D
Without extra oxygen... People who enter business have serious kind of hallusianations

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Any profit is profit.

Hey BinderGang, before you edited your post, it said:

You need to go back to school and retake Math!

Maybe you slept during math class? :D

1150 British pounds times ~2 (conversion rate) = $2,300
Minus 10% Sedo that's $2,070
Divided by 140 domains that's $14.70 per domain.

OK so if he bought each one at $8 that's six bucks profit per domain - provided that he kept them ALL for one year only.

I did the math in my head so I was slightly off but my point was valid. Lots of aggravation for minimum earnings.

Kikkeri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1150 British pounds times ~2 (conversion rate) = $2,300
Minus 10% Sedo that's $2,070
Divided by 140 domains that's $14.70 per domain.

OK so if he bought each one at $8 that's six bucks profit per domain - provided that he kept them ALL for one year only.

I did the math in my head so I was slightly off but my point was valid. Lots of aggravation for minimum earnings.[/QUOTE]

Pretty close. As a rookie I did use yahoo domains. It was the fastest way and they pretty much got the best tool for handling/controlling a stack of domains. Somehow it seems that people are not so interested in Melbourne IT/Yahoo domains. I paid 9.95 US for each which I bet is one part of uninterest. Secondly Melbourne IT might not have the best of reputations.

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eh ,
2 cent is money too , better than let all 140 domains dropped. Please update when you received the payment.

Kikkeri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm all excited since today shoud be the day to receive the payment (Monday). That way I wouldn't be beating "Dotcoms" 94 day record...

Worried... Sedo man did promise to handle the case today bu I got this cold ring you know where. Repo guys came knocking and asking for the bungalow rent and I had to assure them that things are under control. But I wonder are they really?

Kikkeri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tuesday. 3 months and one day. Still waiting. Promises promises but no action. One would think they would have Paypal account which would show up on right away....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
With the Thanksgiving holidays ahead, I honestly doubt you'll hear anything until a week from today.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call your Sedo broker, he/she will take care of it instantly. I have sold 80+ names on Sedo the last months and only 2 sales fell through because of the buyer didn't pay up. I am very satisfied with Sedo and the few times I've had problems I have called a Sedo representative and they've taken care of the issue swiftly. I think Sedo has taken a lot of dirt lately, for no reason. (No, I'm not on Sedo's pay roll , I'm just a satisfied customer. :) )

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Kikkeri,

I checked and your Paypal payment has gone out - Let me know if you haven't received it.

Best,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom