Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO - Important related links problem - heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bear with me, this take some 'splainin....

Some of you may or may not know this - but in the related links section of your optimization page - there is more than one set of related links categories. (It's in a pulldown list just above the related links category)

There is "EN" - or English
There are all kinds of country lists
--->There is one called "Other"<------

Most of us fill out the default category - if you're in the US - it's "English." And you might think that SEDO is smart enough to know where all the US traffic is coming from - NOT!

According to THEM - if the visitor uses AOL, MSN, or ANY OTHER large ISP - SEDO DOES NOT KNOW where they are coming from. And, if SEDO can't determine where a visitor comes from, they go into the "Other" category.

And if you haven't selected "Other" from the pulldown list - and typed in your keyword links - it chooses the default- generic links - and you're losing revenue on a daily basis!!!

Worst of all - there is no global default - so you have to manually fill out each category individually -

We need to all put pressure on them to fix this glaring problem!

Art

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bear with me, this take some 'splainin....

Some of you may or may not know this - but in the related links section of your optimization page - there is more than one set of related links categories. (It's in a pulldown list just above the related links category)

huh? care to do some 'splainin with a 'screenshot? :cheeky:

But seriously.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are you clicking to get to that page under domain management?

In regards to languages, I have repeatedly told sedo about this issue including the specifying of native languages when selected and sedo totally ignoring the monitization.

You can tell sedo any thing you want and they'll give you a great stroking and maybe even a lap dance but they won't change squat.

If I take the time to specify Arabic, Chinese, Spanish...then I would love to see my landers in that language. Not once has this ever happened.

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The weird part is the "Other" language happens to be English - yet they can't default the related links to the "english" ones you create - and "America" Online is an "Other" language default- it is so stupid -

All I asked for is a global default setting so they all have the same keywords - the answer - Nope, too bad for you - maybe in our next update!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in Louisiana and I use Bellsouth DSL and I get the "Other" pages when I go to my domains. The hard part is remembering what you put on the English page so you can copy it to the optimizations on the Other page.

I've never had any luck with the Language thing either. If I bought a german word domain and told it to use German/Deutsch, it seems to fall back to English or Swahili. Go figure.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in Louisiana and I use Bellsouth DSL and I get the "Other" pages when I go to my domains. The hard part is remembering what you put on the English page so you can copy it to the optimizations on the Other page.

I've never had any luck with the Language thing either. If I bought a german word domain and told it to use German/Deutsch, it seems to fall back to English or Swahili. Go figure.
These are all issues I have repeatedly brought to the attention of sedo and I am told "some things are out of our control."

How in the hell can that be when it is their site, their content, their menu, and their business? I have repeatedly asked this of them and have gotten not response. What you end up doing is spend countless hours optimizing keywords that never get optimized and landing pages with totally irrelevant landing pages.

That's why I wish DotComGod would let us know when the DNF thingy thing is about to explode on the scene.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Doc, you can't complain about Sedo or else Donny will start the Apache tribal dance of voodoo rain :D

Some folks don't get it when I complain about things that don't work the way they should - period.

Revenue has stabilized at Sedo but it's best when we squeeze some more out of the advertisers. When I entered the domain business, I reached 1,000 domains before I even parked a single one! So parking wasn't my first priority, however times have changed. With the looming increase of registration fees, all PPC companies would feel the pain if thousands of domains dropped en masse. Therefore, they will adjust by offering perks and a bigger piece of the pie. Although, as an Area 51 fan, I am almost certain price fixing is occuring as we speak. It happens in every industry.

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Revenue has stabilized at Sedo but it's best when we squeeze some more out of the advertisers.

indeed.

When I entered the domain business, I reached 1,000 domains before I even parked a single one! So parking wasn't my first priority, however times have changed. With the looming increase of registration fees, all PPC companies would feel the pain if thousands of domains dropped en masse. Therefore, they will adjust by offering perks and a bigger piece of the pie.
well I certainly hope so! I'm not that enthusiastic, though. Even though collectively, we may own a lot of domains, i think it'll take some collective action on our part for the big boys to move... That's my take.

Although, as an Area 51 fan, I am almost certain price fixing is occuring as we speak. It happens in every industry.
:) all it takes is one rebel... and things will move. Will there be one, though? that remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom