Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo is making money from a stolen web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A domain of a popular newspaper in an Asian countries was stolen on June 27, 2004. The web site has 60,000+ visitors a day and the expiration date is in 2006. The thief is very daring to steal a live web site that belong to a big company in that country. And the site is now parking and making money at Sedo

I'm sure that Sedo has all the information of the theif. My friend working for a newspaper in New York informed Sedo about the theif, but get no response. Sedo still parking the web site and making money along with the theif.

The missing of the domain costs the newspaper company $10,000 a day. My partner and me is trying to help that company to get back the domain and filing the law suit against the theif and Sedo.

Any suggestion, please post here.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
umm, why are you going after SEDO?

They are now a large member of this forum, tell them about this now....I doubt they will stand for it.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theives never show who they are and where they live in whois record. But they will tell Sedo where to send money to.

This is a talk of the town in that country right now. Imagine someone stealing nytimes.com.

Sedo earning is nothing compared to the lost of that company right now.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
umm, why are you going after SEDO?

They are now a large member of this forum, tell them about this now....I doubt they will stand for it.

I'm not going after Sedo, but the company is.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still weird why you talk about 'sedo earnings' and such.... but you are right, there is a link here, that you can use to your advantage, I would consider sedo a way to find a real link to the thief, get the court order, and use the payment trail to find them.

BTW, sedo could be your allie not your enemy if you rethought you views on this. To alienate them is not the best approach if your goal is to get the domain back.

Martin23

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo have alot of issues.

Iraq.com for sale on sedo is a fraud sale.

Needs to be sorted.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Sedo is still listing the domain for sale. And, if they know that it "might be"
hijacked.

Then, Sedo is conducting and promoting unethical business practices.

And, this tarnishes all of the other quality domains they have for sale.
As well as their own brand name SEDO.

It is in Sedo's best interest to develop and enforce a policy about
"rumored" hijacked domains they may have listed on their site.

Furthermore, if Sedo develops a reputation of selling just a couple hijacked domains.
Then, it will decrease the perceived market value of legitimate domains they have
listed.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the name of the domain that was stolen?

DNForum-News

Level 5
Reaction score
Hello,

I have contacted Sedo regarding the below inquiriy, and here is their response.

Please tell the member to contact us with the domain in question and proof of the theft, and we will of course delete the listing.

Regards,

.biz said:
A domain of a popular newspaper in an Asian countries was stolen on June 27, 2004. The web site has 60,000+ visitors a day and the expiration date is in 2006. The thief is very daring to steal a live web site that belong to a big company in that country. And the site is now parking and making money at Sedo

I'm sure that Sedo has all the information of the theif. My friend working for a newspaper in New York informed Sedo about the theif, but get no response. Sedo still parking the web site and making money along with the theif.

The missing of the domain costs the newspaper company $10,000 a day. My partner and me is trying to help that company to get back the domain and filing the law suit against the theif and Sedo.

Any suggestion, please post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom