Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo listing domains for sale and taking offers without owner consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerno

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed Sedo has another one of my domains listed for sale though I have never listed it with them or parked it at their company. I haven't spent the time to check all of my domains but this is not the first time I have seen them listing one of my domains for sale. I have never even bought a domain from them, though once I listed a different domain there for sale for a few months as an experiment. My account shows no listings or other activity at all which is correct.

Anyone else seeing Sedo list their domains for sale without any consent?

Has Sedo pulled down the domain upon request?

I am getting ready to contact them and any comments or suggestions about their fake brokering would be appreciated.

Thanks

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think SEDO checks who owns the domains when they're listed - they still had some of mine listed in my account months after I let them drop.

Now if the person sells it, it should get caught up in their escrow since the domain cannot be transferred.

cerno

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Sedo doesn't scrub their listings by a whois comparison against their listing data at least monthly then they are either not technologically capable of operating a domain brokering business or their business is running a scam front runnng buyers. I think they have the technological capability so it appears the worse is true. If someone makes a 5k offer on a domain where they faked a listing do you think they will contact the real owner and forward the 5k offer or something less, hoping to profit on the spread. Has anyone received an unsolicited offer from them on a domain that they were not representing?

In another thread I someone mentioned a domain being listed for sale might be negatively impacted in search results as Google might assume the current website is temporary.

Does anyone know if Google and other search engines factor in whether a domain is listed for sale?

Has anyone seen any evidence with their own domains search placement being negatively affected by sales status?

Is everyone letting Sedo list domains without consent or has anyone had them removed?

Thanks for the info.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fyi

domains listed on sedo may or may not belong to the current user name where they are listed under

many domains are sold, expire, and change hands frequently

i have on a few occassions, received offers for domains that i either sold or had expired

that is no big issue

on the other hand, on occassion, a few members have sent me pm's about domains they got offers for which were still listed in their accounts, but i now owned

in those situations, they asked if i would be interested in selling at the offered price or if sedo would transfer the offer to the new owner.

that latter, i don't think sedo does at the moment, but perhpas with some internal and external communications, that probably could be accomplished.

sedo does, though it may take longer than you want.....purge the lists of domains by whois

as i have received some emails to that effect, where certain domains were removed from my account becasue i no longer owned them.

so, in essence i don't see anything unethical going on, just a slow process of updating.

but you have to consider the overall inventory that has to be audited

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom