Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have anything to offer on SEDO's logic regarding how they pick domain names for their GreatDomains Auction? I've gotten rejected in the past for a variety of names, only to see lesser quality names show-up there, IMO. As a quick example, I recently submitted the name ATRP(.)com and got rejected for quality reasons, yet in this month's GreatDomains auction I see VZOF(.)com. Am I missing something?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vzof is the name of a character in a movie that has no title and has yet to be made

while, your name is just 4 random letters

:)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really like Sedo, but gave up on their selection for featured auctions years ago.

They would ask (for example) for wedding related domains. I would submit something like weddingdress.info, and be rejected. What do I see IN the auction? weddingdressbiz.info.

That was the final straw.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With the amount of names submitted, they have to automate the process instead of hand-picked. And I guess the prgrammer who wrote the automate program may be the same one who wrote estibot?

Last edited:

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My guess is that they are willing to let lessen quality domains get in if they belong to their top tier customers.

gr8names

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I found upon closer inspection of the names in one of the auctions last year was that many of them were owned by DomCollect, a company wholly owned by Sedo. Although, no mention of this was made anywhere. This lack of transparency has made me lose confidence both as a buyer and a seller at Sedo, since I can't be sure if Sedo really is ever acting as unbiased intermediary in any sale. For this same reason I've given up worrying about their "Great" domains auctions.

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I found upon closer inspection of the names in one of the auctions last year was that many of them were owned by DomCollect, a company wholly owned by Sedo. Although, no mention of this was made anywhere. This lack of transparency has made me lose confidence both as a buyer and a seller at Sedo, since I can't be sure if Sedo really is ever acting as unbiased intermediary in any sale. For this same reason I've given up worrying about their "Great" domains auctions.

Ok!!!! No wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom