Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo - "Make Offer" or list a price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When trying to sell a domain name on Sedo do you recommend going with "Make Offer" or do you suggest listing a firm price.

Just curious what people think and what they have/have not had success with.

capblood

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can list attractive price to attrac buyers. For example list reg fee worth domain, for example bla-bla.info TLD for $3000 and list together bla-bla.com domain only for $30.
Somebody can compare prices and buy .com domain as "good deal".

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
capblood said:
You can list attractive price to attrac buyers. For example list reg fee worth domain, for example bla-bla.info TLD for $3000 and list together bla-bla.com domain only for $30.
Somebody can compare prices and buy .com domain as "good deal".
That strategy isn't very promising, in my opinion. Moreover, listing a domain at a sales price of $30 on Sedo? Their minimum commission is already $50.

I have almost no of my domains listed on Sedo's marketplace, but those I have listed there are for sale without a specific price. That's also why I sometimes receive really low offers though. If you do not want to receive those worthless offers you should list your domains with an asking price.

The positive aspect of asking prices is that the buyers know what you are looking for. This usually speeds up negotiations.

capblood

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dodo1 said:
Their minimum commission is already $50.
If your domain is parked with Sedo, you pay only a flat 10% of the sales price-- no more $50 minimum commission!
Offer is valid for sales of .com, .net, .org and many more TLDs

Offer Conditions:

* Offer is valid for sales of the following TLDs: .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .name, .li, .be, .dk, .de, .at, .ch
* Offer valid in North America, UK, Australia, and many other countries around the world. Members resident of countries with their own dedicated Sedo version are ineligible.
* In order to be eligible for the commission reduction, a domain must be parked (and have received at least one view) before the buyer makes his first offer.
* Offer is valid until June 30, 2006. Sedo reserves the right to discontinue the offer at any time, with or without notice.

From SEDO homepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom