Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo........ making money off of your clicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am angry! I am soooooo angry!
I bought a domain name from sedo. a .jp domain. I got this name cause it had 10,000 unique hits since it is a type and much easier to type and read than the original.

So i bought it and they asked which registar i want it to go to, so i chose godaddy. ok. pressed button. enter. got the "congratulations", blah, blah, blah.....

1st day wait. 2nd day wait, 3rd day wait, 4th day wait.

ah! an email.
From sedo:
" dear sir, we think that its easier for you to transfer the domain to another registar than godaddy since godaddy does not accept .jp transfers"

me:
what the hell!? Why didnt you tell me this 4 days ago and BEFORE i clicked on "bid"!?

from sedo:
" please open an account with the same registar as the seller at Value-domain"

Um..... you should be lucky i understand Japanese. others wouldnt understand Japanese and there is no English on the site. but i already have 2 other accounts at a registar so i asked them to transfer to one of those Japanese registars that i already have an account with

5th day....6th day.....7th day..... no email.. so i sent them an email.

Gdamit! just transfer the domain to value-domain as you suggested. opened an account there and my user name is ".........".

8th day.......9th day.......10th day......

ah! an email!

"oh please understand that we are in the process of moving our office..."

that is none of my F'n business. Dont put the blame on something else. Ok, so i will ask for a 50% refund? no, sedo wouldnt do this, so dont use any excuse. transfer the damn domain now!

11th day.... 12th day.......

and today is the 13th day!

I have bought a few domain names from sedo and it only takes 3 days (on a lucky week). but this has taken 2 weeks! slow email responses.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM:

as i wrote above, i got this domain name cause the users are confused with the spelling. Kinda like fliker (damn, i cant even spell it correctly).
There are 10,000 unique hits a month. now lets try to do some math.

SEDO has this domain name for 2 weeks. There are 10,000 unique hits a month. neither the seller nor i get the hits from the clicks.

so...................... who gets the money from the clicks?
if it takes too long and the user doesnt comply with sedo, will there be any refund?

Domain Days 2024

stewmath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe you should speak to one of the domain lawyers on here. they may be able to suggest some stuff that may help.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the traffic should still generate revenue for the old owner until its in your sedo account I think.. never start any legal action over a typo that you dont hold the TM for, thats just drawing attention to it..also: if at all you would only be entitled to lost interest for the money that you paid if the transfer would take too long or doesnt complete, but never to the lost revenue in traffic, ..I had this happen before too..its really frustrating, but nothing really you can do..except next time just keep Sedo out of the transaction and email the guy

S

SedoCoUk

Hi everyone,

Without getting too technical I think I might be able to shed some light on this area.

With regards to transfers, Sedo act as the broker and escrow agent. Therefore once an agreement is reached, we help the buyer and seller transfer the domain. The buyer does not own the domain until they have it transferred to them and the seller is then paid.

As everyone is no doubt aware the length of time a domain takes to transfer can vary on the registrars involved and also the specific TLD. If getting control of a domain as quickly as possible is the most important thing, then I would always recommend that a buyer chooses to have it transferred to an account at the same registrar (providing this is possible). A buyer can then start monetizing it as quickly as possible and can oversee a transfer to a preferred registrar at a later date.

Cheers,

Tom

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt believe any high volume traffic figures I see listed sedo - I know from experience. Not saying yours isnt genuine (and I hope it is) I bought a supposedly high volume traffic domain on sedo recently and it turned out when analysed that 90% was worthless internationally redirected traffic

I wouldnt believe any high volume traffic figures I see listed on domains @ sedo - I know from experience. Not saying yours isnt genuine (and I hope it is) I bought a supposedly high volume traffic domain on sedo recently and it turned out when analysed that 90% was worthless internationally redirected traffic

balrog

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I too am having problems with sedo completinmg a transfer on a domain I purchased through there site, 10 days now and all I can get is it should be done soon, when is soon???

clicks are going to of course there sedo monetize page. asked for a dns change while I wait for the soon to happen and get the sorry we cant do that reply. Ive had the request sent again and was told it was accepted twice now..

This is rediculous, yes I maybe whining early but 10 days?? Ive done three additional domain purchases though other avenues (NOT SEDO) including wiring payment, transfers etc since i started this and still watch this domain sit...

answerable.com? who is this anyways sedo private registrar???

excuse the typos and my whining,,, SEDO needs to get there act togther

pirici

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have a domain parked with sedo that is generating over $200 every month
because of the high revenue,i guess,now i am not allowed to control the master keyword and the template for the parking
its crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom