Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo message - Services for this domain have been discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, but I am receiving this message "Services for this domain have been discontinued" on all my parked domains. I am also not seeing any traffic on any my domains.

This started about a week ago. I tried to contact support but they have not yet responded.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, but I am receiving this message "Services for this domain have been discontinued" on all my parked domains. I am also not seeing any traffic on any my domains.

This started about a week ago. I tried to contact support but they have not yet responded.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Have you logged in to your Sedo account and checked that the domains in question are added to your account and listed properly?

fpnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, everything was working great until just recently. I will add a new domain to sedo and see what happens. It's weird that all my domains have the same message.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Banned domains.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm that sounds weird.. Also, unless you have a contact over at Sedo it might take ages for them to reply. :S I have no idea though. Sounds like a bug or something.

Might be banned domains as Acro says. But what are the odds of getting all your domains banned (unless you have only blatantly trademark infringing domains ;))?

fpnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but I don't think it's banned domains. (artezin.com, aboutchile.com, surfcloud.com) I believe they are safe domains. It must be a bug. I wonder if sedo knows there is a problem.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They are banned at Sedo for apparently fraudulent clicks.

fpnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo's mistake then. I have not clicked on any of the parked pages. Interesting/frustrating is that all my domains have the same message. Someone may have spammed my domains (including other domains) and sedo's automatic system banned them all. I will move all my (300+) domains to another parked page provider.

I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not try contacting the Sedo rep on the forum here before you do anything?

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are receiving this message at Sedo it is usually one of two things,

1. Sedo has suspended your domain names.
2. Google has banned your names and therefore Sedo took further action and disabled your account from being able to monetize any names.

Probably #2. Google does make mistakes on identifying fraud. As you say, someone else can come across your domains, click on the ads enough times to the point that Google would ban the names and/or Sedo. Either way, there are parking companies like ours that not only pay more than Sedo if your names are not banned, but also do monetize those names that may be banned by Google.

I suggest you give us a try - Bodis.com, because we tend to make more than Sedo.

Also, run a few of your domains through our API located here: https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=somedomain.com

Replace somedomain.com with your actual domain. If it is showing "primary" it means your names are not truly banned and Sedo is playing tricks on you, and if it is showing "secondary" then yes the big G banned those names. We monetize both anyhow it's just that one pays more than the other.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got same message 40 days ago, called sedo and they emailed me later that some of my traffic was flagged as spam traffic by sedo advertiser therefore they were forced to ban all my domains for their parking service.
Needless to say that all my domains had real traffic and no revenue.

Sedo didn't care about what I have to say while at the same time sedo allows people using their service scamming potential buyers by inflating their traffic.

Sedo is disappointing when it comes to customer service, I 've made sales over $$$$$ in total over there and I was always careful not breaking any of their rules.
I even made their job easier by pointing out domains listed in their marketplace with inflated traffic even though they never did anything about it.
They treat me like a domain newbie that is trying to scam the industry and they fail to keep a decent customer relationship.

Last edited:

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many times Sedo is calculating traffic that is not using any filters. So for example, if a domain called LindsayLohan.com used to be a website filled with Lindsay Lohan photos. Say for instance some other website like TMZ.com is linking those images.

Then LindsayLohan.com expires and is parked at Sedo. TMZ still is linking those photos, which are now missing since the domain is parked. The traffic never hits the LindsayLohan.com site through direct navigation, but each image request counts as a visitor.

At least this is how Sedo used to work, and probably still to this day.

There are times where domains are bundled into spyware that don't do anything more than a request somewhere in the background. Many reasons out there for the inflated visitors, too many to list here.

Either way I am here to help people that get into this issue like jdk, and that may not know the internals and what their options are.

jds626x

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same message on all of my domains parked there... I think I've made $15 or less so far this year through parking there, but I have mid $XXXX in domain sales. I have done no fraudulent clicking; I have done no clicking at all... When I land on a parked page, I click back or close the window.

It's very frustrating to say the least. I suppose I'll be headed elsewhere.

It is so interesting that these companies will just ban you and then act like you are in the wrong when you have done NOTHING. They care nothing of the individual, only of the aggregate.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello,

Services for your domain may have been discontinued by Sedo or our advertising provider if there is a reasonable suspicion that the click balance is the result of fake traffic. However, we can certainly look into this issue for you.

If you believe that your domain should not have been blocked, please send an email containing the information below to [email protected].

1. Your Sedo login name
2. Domain name
3. Full description of the problem including screen shots where possible
4. Why you believe your domain should not have been blocked

You may also send me a PM or contact our office at (617) 499-7200.

-Carolyn

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Carolyn.
I 've asked sedo rep that contacted about this issue to let me know which domain was the fault one but I didnt get any positive reply.
I cant park any of my domains now just use the escrow service whenever I get an offer via your marketplace listings.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Makis77,

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Carolyn

w8amoment

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. All my Sedo parked domains have been discontinued.
I've sent a mail to support and got a reply that a 'significant portion of the traffic associated has been deemed "unnatural". The problem is I barely got any type-ins or traffic on these parked domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom