Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Minimum Commission Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetRico

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has the Sedo commission structure ALWAYS stated that, in order for the $50 minimum commission to be waived, the domain must be both parked AND sold at fixed price?

I would swear that all previous names I sold at auction on Sedo were only charged a 10% fee because they were also parked on Sedo. Did this policy change? If so, when?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would swear that all previous names I sold at auction on Sedo were only charged a 10% fee because they were also parked on Sedo. Did this policy change? If so, when?
Yes, this policy changed a couple of months ago.

Minimum commiss is 50USD or 35 GBP.

I sold a name in euros and since they had not address the EUR conversion, they charge me 50 EURO on a 300 euro sale. This turned out to be nearly $76 USD, far more than 50 USD and 35 GBP which at the time was about $68USD.

I have asked that this euro conversion be addressed and corrected but I am not sure anything was done.

NetRico

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, to be clear ...

1. Sedo redesigned their website such that the exposure for domains pushed to auction is greatly reduced by no longer having the market place auction shown on the home page;

2. Sedo changed their minimum commission waiver to exclude parked domains sold at auction.

Combining these factors with their infamous "crap-tacular" customer service, I'm now looking for a new venue for parking and selling my domain names. The auction feature and 10% minimum commission were the only things keeping me at Sedo, especially for the sub-$500 domain name sales.

Any suggestions? Experiences good, bad or otherwise with any other reseller marketplaces?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are correct on your first two points.

As for suggestions, I can not think of anyone else. There will always be contentions amongst those who feel one is better than the others. The only thing to do is your own testing.

Right now I have 75 new names at parked.com. I will leave them there for a month. I will then move those same 75 to Sedo and leave them for a month.

I can tell you right now, I am not at all happy about the traffic these get at parked. These are all keyword rich domains. I had a few initially at NameDrive getting very good traffic and conversion but very low PPC. Now I am seeing zero traffic at Parked.

But, I will make that sacrifice for a month to see how they stack up at different accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom