Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo MLS - Big Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried submitting few names that were registered under supported registars. I keep getting this error "This registrar does not support all functionality".

Krumble

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't even put in a customer support ticket with Sedo. I have been trying to do so for two weeks now and it always gives some error saying the ticket did not go through. Given that account holders can't easily get help I wouldn't put too much stock into beta features.

Blue Wren

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had a similar experience. I want to access Sedo support pages, and it opens a new pop-up window. I can access the tabs within that pop-up window; (Answers / Ask a Question / Live Chat / My Questions), but when I choose 'Ask a Question' and fill out the form I ALWAYS get: 'Unknown error'. I have tried different browsers with the same result.
I've had domains pending verification for days and want to find out what might be holding up the show.

Last edited:

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I tried to add Godaddy registered domains to sedo mls.

That is because the deal they have with GD is to profit share but GD wants to be on the top, so if you are there they are not going to be happy with a sedo split. Sedo, for its part, has a direct feed to GD so that ALL sedo listings show up on GD domain sales even if you did not sign up for MLS. They figure if you have an offer you will take it and they both get money for nothing.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I tried to add Godaddy registered domains to sedo mls.

If you factor in what you want for the domain at Sedo (including commissions, etc.), Sedo MLS can be the best thing since sliced bread. It's set & forget. Every once in a while I get a automatic purchase, do a push and wait for money... estimated time spent adding the domain name 1 minute, estimated time spent pushing, 2 minutes (too many upsells on the way), estimated time waiting for a PayPal payment ~1 week with little to no effort and all the while, I'm still earning passive income.

How is that so bad? Simple mathematics. :)

* Most if not all domains are GoDaddy...

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know for sure which registrars and/or marketplace sites are part of this infamous domain listing MLS ? I wrote on another thread that I had just read somewhere GD isn't actually part of the MLS when I always thought it was. That you only see Sedo names on GD due to an agreement they both have (and it doesn't work the other way, you cannot find Sedo names on GD) I know Afternic is another MLS member which sends offers to your Sedo acct thru the MLS. Any other cos who are not MLS members (both registrars and markeplaces) ?

I agree w/both David and OnlineTV, but as to the points raised, when it's good old Sedo who brings you the offer (as in offers actually originated on the GD or Afternic sites) you're stuck w/Sedo for the sale and its absurd 20%/$50 commission, whichever is greater, all the time. And keeping in mind nothing sells on Sedo AT ALL for under $60 (and their commission CAN NEVER be less than $50 for ANY service) that can be a problem for cheaper names, I've said this a couple of times on the Sedo sections here (marketplace and monetization co) but Sedo doesn't listen

Adding to these ridiculous minimum charges by Sedo is the fact that for MLS deals you cannot send a message to the bidder or vice-versa (like telling them why you cannot lower the price, for one) and you cannot send the thing to auction on Sedo with any offer, no matter how good. And Sedo should allow both. So, I prefer internal Sedo offers (15%/$50, not so good either, but you can both send PMs and send it to auction) or internal GD Auctions, GD is better in all aspects IMO but sometimes the better offers happen to come thru Sedo...

:director:

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree w/both David and OnlineTV, but as to David's point, when it's good old Sedo who brings you the offer (as in offers actually originated on the GD or Afternic sites) you're stuck w/Sedo for the sale and its absurd 20%/$50 commission, whichever is greater, all the time. And keeping in mind nothing sells on Sedo AT ALL for under $60 (and their commission CAN NEVER be less than $50 for ANY service) that can be a problem for cheaper names, I've said this a couple of times on the Sedo sections here (marketplace and monetization co) but Sedo doesn't listen

GoDaddy isn't apart of the MLS program as of yet, but they do work hand in hand (as your Sedo domains are listed on GoDaddy and a user can "Buy Now"). Of course, if you choose this option, to benefit from it most... you will have to do calculations of the minimum price you're willing to accept for the domain name with the additional commissions and set your Sedo price at that.

This could work out in your favor both ways: You get your minimum price with the additional GoDaddy commission or somebody buys it at the slightly higher price directly from Sedo, cutting out the middle man (GD) and you get a higher ROI. :)

To find out which registrar is actually in the MLS program, add a new domain and it will tell you at the end if your registrar is an MLS partner and give you a list of all MLS partner programs. ;)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I've concluded is that my names must not be that good then lol. I do that all the time (adjust the Sedo MLS price so I'll be left with > $10 lol) but bidders go away most times, I even do it when it's a real Sedo deal (non-MLS), so for me it's that stupid $50 that's a deal-killer

Whereas with GD for example the minimum fee is 10%/$5, whichever is higher, but....if you sell a name for $1,000 or more you and the buyer get sent to Escrow.com, and the TOTAL fee is actually just 7%, some good news for many here in case they haven't sold name on GD for > $1,000 recently

:eek:k:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only problem with GoDaddy is they can't get their sh*t right when sending it to Escrow. How can you screw up my email address? HOW? IT'S ON FILE!

They ended up cancelling the transaction (pissing off the seller and me since I submitted the copy of credit card) and completing a new one days later and asking for a new copy. By then, the seller was agitated and I was too. The seller then walked away from the deal and I don't blame him... Shoddy work from GoDaddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom