Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Non-paying bidders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what is the longest your domain has been held hostage by sedo and their non paying bidders?

I now have 2 domains in this hell...

I guess the answer is to take my names out of sedo...I have already moved the PPC to another company and seen about a 500% increase in PPC cash...the last draw I guess would be to delete my names from their service to avoid their constant non-paying bidders.

I hate to do this as I have liked sedo's sale platform, but Sedo not verifying the offers is just unprofessional and should not be tolerated.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
94 days.

And if I can find the emails back and forth I will beyond a doubt publish them so everyone will know who not to let handle your transactions.

Sellers have 10 days to complete the transactions.

It is sedo's reps who are dragging it out with countless excuses and reasons.

Remind them of their policies (I always have to educate them) and insist the auction be cancelled and the domain unlocked (by them...they lock it so it gets no traffic) and placed back into circulation and relisted.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh...I did not realize that they keep all your PPC as well during this time....all the more reason not to use them for PPC. One of the two hostage names I have are parked with Sedo...(It was one I forgot to move).

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd also suggest getting buyer info (Sedo will provide if the sale contract is broken) and insisting they be banned so they don't continue doing so with impunity.

Thank you for the suggestion...I am going to ask for the buyer's contact info.

Any way of telling if someone can be banned...or would they just get na new user's ID?

I would say...in order to place a bid....you need to have the funds held by credit card or paypal...then you can decide how you are going to pay later after you win. This would get rid of 90% of the rif-raf.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh...I did not realize that they keep all your PPC as well during this time....all the more reason not to use them for PPC. One of the two hostage names I have are parked with Sedo...(It was one I forgot to move).
They do not keep PPC as they take it out of circulation and it GETS NO REVENUE! From now on, whenever you get an offer or take a domain to auction redirect to another parking service for this very reason. I have waited a typical 30 plus days for every transaction.

Now, when I buy a domain I contact the seller, told them I have paid, and to contact sedo. The seller and I completed a sale (sent PayPal and CC transaction number), a transfer within moments. 4 days later I get an email stating I could now pay submit the transfer. Contacted the rep and told him it had already been transferred. Then get another email stating the transaction was now complete.

Yeah, there's your 10%...in form letters.

Thank you for the suggestion...I am going to ask for the buyer's contact info.

Any way of telling if someone can be banned...or would they just get na new user's ID?

I would say...in order to place a bid....you need to have the funds held by credit card or paypal...then you can decide how you are going to pay later after you win. This would get rid of 90% of the rif-raf.
Get buyers contact and post it here.

Anyone can be banned and re-register in a matter of moments.

Get someone banned??? How about getting someone to answer an email.

You will be wasting your time on getting them to change their policy. Buyer certification is a joke.

Wanna buy a domain?

Yup.

Okay!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From now on, whenever you get an offer or take a domain to auction redirect to another parking service for this very reason. I have waited a typical 30 plus days for every transaction.

I am not sure if that's 100% safe as there might be a hidden clause somewhere entitling Sedo to more than the standard 10% unless their parking system/DNS is utilized during the sale/brokering of a domain.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if that's 100% safe as there might be a hidden clause somewhere entitling Sedo to more than the standard 10% unless their parking system/DNS is utilized during the sale/brokering of a domain.

They have a minimum fee of $50 if it's not parked with them, but as far as I know that's all. For domains with a higher price than $500, it doesn't make any difference if you have them parked at sedo or not.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good point. But I have had less than 20% of sales on Sedo paid this year. With the history of 30 plus days up to 94 days for them to finally admit that the buyer won't pay, then I have no problem with this parking while waiting.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have 1 that just hit 33 days. In fact I completely forgot until I saw this thread!
I just emailed Eben to tell him to cancel the transaction. It was only for $1k anyway.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the most part I have had no problems with SEDO and non paying bidders. In fact, most buyers pay very quickly and the transfer process is usually made easy. I did have a problem once where I had a valid buyer for a domain at $1500 and decided to throw it into auction. It received another bid and then the sale was never completed. I assumed that by having a verified buyer this would never happen. After speaking with a SEDO representative this past week I was told they would be willing to contact the previous buyer to see if they were still interested. I am also told they will broker the transaction for a lower fee (3%) if you are contacted directly by the buyer. Don't be afraid to ask the buyer to pay the escrow/broker fees! On $5000 this can be as much as $500-$1000 depending on your sales venue.

I have yet to complete a sale through the Netsol "certified offer" service. I would ignore buyers using this as they are most likely trying to test you out anonymously and lowball. It also does not allow for additional offers past your first counter. Plus they never followed through with the deals.

forward

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ugh, good to see this thread. We are 14 days into the process and still no payment has been sent to Sedo, though he says the bidder is in contact. Looks like I'm just going to sell it to someone else outside of Sedo.

Can you guys suggest a good sedo replacement for ppc? For both mainstream and adult domains. I think i'll move all of mine off of sedo.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And on the opposite spectrum of things, paid 10 days ago for an auction won and non-existent transfer agents.

Now many calls and emails does it take?

And why do I keep doing this to myself?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How many days does Sedo allow the buyer to pay before cancelling the transaction?

I had the same problems with Afternic....Bidders wins auction and never follows up with payment, In the meantime the seller has to wait up to 45 days before Afternic will cancel the transaction, allowing the owner to sell the domain to another party.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
once i waited for one whole month and at the end sedo rep gave me the money,
whois shows the domain still parked at sedo dns's

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contact them. The transaction, per their policy, is subject to 10 days.

I have canceled several transactions after 12 or 13 days.

If they can not contact the buyer and the buyer is not responding, then why wait.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact them. The transaction, per their policy, is subject to 10 days.

I have canceled several transactions after 12 or 13 days.

I think 10 days is a fair amount of time...Much better than Afternic.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you guys suggest a good sedo replacement for ppc? For both mainstream and adult domains. I think i'll move all of mine off of sedo.

Try parked.com....my ppc has been 4-5x my sedo ppc per month...I moved in July...it has been consistent.

K

karter9977

I sold a name about 20 days on sedo and havent heard anything. Contacted sedo and they said they will attempt to contact the buyer and when they do they will give me an update and that was seven days ago so Im guessing they never attempted to contact the buyer.

They should really inforce the ten day thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom