Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Non-Paying Buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have recently had someone stiff me on a payment for a domain name on Sedo. Not the first time it has happened, and I am sure not the last; however this individual has done this to me a few times so far, for no other reason than he runs a competing business. My question(s) is how does one go about enforcing the policy on Sedo's buyer's contract and what attorney would actually take the case?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how can you be stiffed, when sedo gets the money first?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how can you be stiffed, when sedo gets the money first?

I would also ask the same question? Advertiser pays sedo who then are supposed to pay you! If it is a TM issue with the name then that is sorted with the registrar or thru a UDRP.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the guy just never paid - if thats the case, why not post their ID here?

It happens to me at Gd on occasion, while you're waiting the 30 days the name's in limbo - it's a pain.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah the potential buyer never paid and then I got the email from Sedo saying that you can pursue the matter legally cause the buyer entered into a binding contract. The domain name sits in limbo as mentioned above and no one else can make an offer on it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom