Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

sedo non paying buyers w/parking accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My own 2 cents is that a non-payer buyer should not only have their buyers control blocked from buying domains BUT also closed for selling domains and have their sedoparking account closed ..a total ban for a noncompliant seller/buyer/parker..perhaps even atttaching their parking $$$. Maybe then they will follow the rules..

jim

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the whole Sedo account was terminated. Isn't that the case ?

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I/We should start a "deadbeat sedo buyers" thread and post their information from deals not completed :eek:

jim

Do it! I will follow up soon with 2-3 deadbeat Sedo buyers as soon as Sedo releases their details.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's already done but not at a centralized point. Sedo does not terminate accounts of deadbeats; they just don't let them bid again.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do it! I will follow up soon with 2-3 deadbeat Sedo buyers as soon as Sedo releases their details.

If you requested the contacts information I think they're adding it to the contract now instead of emailing it..check your transactions/contract

I give them 10 business days to make payment..so tuesday i'll make my request for contacts information , account closure and parking ban for the deadbeat buyer

Sofar

Meet the Buyer Country of origin: United Kingdom
Value added Tax (VAT) status: Not Applicable
Sedo community member since: September 2007
Sedo buyer activity index:(BETA) *** out of 5

jim

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks acro ..typing while you were posting

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you requested the contacts information I think they're adding it to the contract now instead of emailing it..check your transactions/contract

I give them 10 business days to make payment..so tuesday i'll make my request for contacts information , account closure and parking ban for the deadbeat buyer

Sofar

jim

Yup, the details can be found in the contract, but they are not visible until the transaction is canceled. I'll be doing some namedropping the following week for sure. :evil:

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can they sell ??

It's already done but not at a centralized point. Sedo does not terminate accounts of deadbeats; they just don't let them bid again.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, the details can be found in the contract, but they are not visible until the transaction is canceled. I'll be doing some namedropping the following week for sure. :evil:

Going to have to be your lead..my payment was processed today..still a good subject though.

One point though a few years I sold a domain that sat as pending payment in my account...after a week I got a phone call from the buyer who "paid " for the domain a week earlier asking for me to change the nameservers until the domain was transferred.
I called sedo and gave them the buyers name and they confirmed they got paid but there was a delay (or problem ?) processing the payment . It was cleared up that day.
Perhaps sedo can add "buyers payment being processed" ??

jim

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

What can one do if you have their contact information.

I have a recent case of non paying buyer. I have been given the contact information.

What can I do now with that?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can sue for breach of a binding contract. The first step would be to have a lawyer send them a letter. If they don't comply, you can sue either at the locale of Sede (Boston) or at the locale of the domain's registrar.

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can sue for breach of a binding contract. The first step would be to have a lawyer send them a letter. If they don't comply, you can sue either at the locale of Sede (Boston) or at the locale of the domain's registrar.

Is it even worth the pain?

Can't sedo get some measuers to ensure that there only serious buyers :upset::upset:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's worth the pain only if there is a large amount of money at stake. Also, you don't waive your rights to sue if you don't do so right away.

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's worth the pain only if there is a large amount of money at stake. Also, you don't waive your rights to sue if you don't do so right away.

Interestingly I have the email address and contact # of the erring buyer.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo did not want to provide the email of the "buyer"
to protect his privacy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom