Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Not Replying To Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

I have a domain in the selling process on Sedo and the buyer has paid for the domain name 4 days ago and sedo never sent me the information to transfer the domain name to the buyer,

The buyer contacted me directly with their information and I have transfered the domain to the buyer now.

I emailed Sedo 4 times now over the last 4 days and have not got a reply from them.. Normally I get answers to my emails with in 24 hours.

So I am wondering what is going on over there at Sedo and why are they not answering my emails.

Anyone else not getting replys from Sedo to their emails or am I the only one.

My Sedo id is Ezimedia..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

gptpark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently had a transaction at Sedo take over a month.

Transfering a domain outside of Sedos "Escrow" is risky. Now you are no longer the registered owner and the buyer can change all their contact info to make them look anonymous leaving you out in the cold. Good Luck. I hope it works out for you.

ezimedia said:
HI

I have a domain in the selling process on Sedo and the buyer has paid for the domain name 4 days ago and sedo never sent me the information to transfer the domain name to the buyer,

The buyer contacted me directly with their information and I have transfered the domain to the buyer now.

I emailed Sedo 4 times now over the last 4 days and have not got a reply from them.. Normally I get answers to my emails with in 24 hours.

So I am wondering what is going on over there at Sedo and why are they not answering my emails.

My Sedo id is Ezimedia..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just had a domain that was sold using sedo's escrow service that took something like 5 days from start of transaction to them sending the payment (including a weekend).

This was managed by "real people" rather than being any automated system.

I was very happy with their prompt service for that particular transacation, although sometimes the process has been much slower.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ezimedia said:
HI

My Sedo id is Ezimedia..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Your not looking at a couple of days.. Here is a look at what i went through quick one to:

2005-02-16 We have invoiced the buyer for the sale of your domain. As soon as the payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.

2005-02-17 We have received the buyer's payment for your domain. We can now begin the technical transfer.

2005-02-21 Please push the domain into the buyer's Go Daddy Software, Inc. account. Account name is:

2005-02-22 Push Successful, Transfer of ownership is complete!

2005-02-23 We are now processing your payment for the sale of this domain.

2005-02-24 We have processed and sent you your payment for this domain. Please note that international wire transfers can take up to 14 days to reach your account.

2005-02-24 This transfer has been successfully completed!

Don't hold your breath . It will take some time.. And mine was a quick one too.

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

The transaction started on the 27-02-2005 and until 03-03-05 I got no further emails from sedo even tho the buyer paid for the domain on 27-02-05

I emailed sedo like 3 times or more over a few days with out a reply... I normally get replies within 24 hours... That is why I am posting here in the hope to get a reply from sedo soon.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom,

Let us know when this is resolved...

Thanks

Lorenzo

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

OK I will do so... just very strange that after sending them countless number of emails over a period of a week I get no reply..

Not like the first domain I have sold with them and I normally get a reply in 24-48 hours.

I wonder if there is something happening over there we are not aware of.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom did you get paid.
If not.... why did you transfer domain to buyer?

Let us know

Lorenzo

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL- This is fo a 10k (euro) name

Tansaction History:

2004-11-23 Agreement reached

2004-11-24 We have invoiced the buyer for the sale of your domain. As soon as the payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.

2004-12-27 We have received the buyer's payment for your domain. We can now begin the technical transfer.

2004-12-29 Your domain is currently "LOCKED" by your registrar making a transfer impossible. Please remove this lock, or contact your registrar to have it removed, so that we can complete the transfer.

2004-12-29 The buyer has started transfer request. Please confirm the next transfer request from ******** or contact us to verify the request to be confirmed.

2005-01-11 The domain transfer has been successfully completed! We will now process and send you your payment for the domain.

2005-01-11 We are now processing your payment for the sale of this domain.

2005-01-12 We have processed and sent you your payment for this domain. Please note that international wire transfers can take up to 14 days to reach your account.

2005-01-12 This transfer has been successfully completed

Sedo will pay you - Just don't expect it in a week.
Good Luck!

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm this all SOUNDS familiar.....

No comments.

Seller Beware.

I had this experience long long ago.

It is not unusual for SEDO not to reply....

Perhaps the CEO OF SEDO will now see my name and reply with courtesy :)

IT IS TIME WE HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE TO SEDO.....

Lorenzo

S

SedoCoUk

Hello.

We are extremely busy in the transfer department, but we do also have to rely on buyers and sellers responding to us promptly. The problem here was that the buyer did not send me the contact details for the receiving account straight away, in fact upon checking my emails I only received them on the 4th, which is why I could not give them to ezimedia. Luckily in this instance the party contating him was the buyer, but it could easily have been someone else. Anyone familiar with GoDaddy pushes will know how they work, but even so, we do request the account details from the buyer in case the account details are different to those in their Sedo account. This is a sensible route around the unusual method of pushing domains at GoDaddy, so please bear this in mind for future transfers.

We cannot give every buyer and seller daily updates, so sending an email a day is not helpful and just creates massive backlogs. We do currently have a staff shortage in the transfer department, due to circumstances that were beyond Sedo's control. I advise exercising a certain amount of patience. A few days is not a lot to ask, especially not when it comes to the security of domains.

Thanks.

Justin Fletcher
UK/Intl Transfer Manager

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Capt Flash ... that's nuts ... I've done numerous 5 and 6-figure deals in around 2 days, and that's with escrow. Afternic turn-around for me typically runs about 3 days from start to finish. Not sure about GreatDomains, but I my impression is that they're pretty quick considering the size of most sales they do.

In my view, the main reason Sedo is slow is not technical, but cultural - they don't understand that days of nothing happening is not acceptable for an internet-based business; people expect rapid response and not excuses - ie. 14 days to send a wire is pure BS.

On the positive side ... it's nice to read that Sedo acknowledges they have a staff shortage and are working to correct that problem.

Ron

triumph

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hello.

We are extremely busy in the transfer department, but we do also have to rely on buyers and sellers responding to us promptly. The problem here was that the buyer did not send me the contact details for the receiving account straight away, in fact upon checking my emails I only received them on the 4th, which is why I could not give them to ezimedia. Luckily in this instance the party contating him was the buyer, but it could easily have been someone else. Anyone familiar with GoDaddy pushes will know how they work, but even so, we do request the account details from the buyer in case the account details are different to those in their Sedo account. This is a sensible route around the unusual method of pushing domains at GoDaddy, so please bear this in mind for future transfers.

We cannot give every buyer and seller daily updates, so sending an email a day is not helpful and just creates massive backlogs. We do currently have a staff shortage in the transfer department, due to circumstances that were beyond Sedo's control. I advise exercising a certain amount of patience. A few days is not a lot to ask, especially not when it comes to the security of domains.

Thanks.

Justin Fletcher
UK/Intl Transfer Manager

Justin, I have sent you 2 emails last week, and have not heard anything back. I bought a domain and paid for it on 2-08-05, until today March 6th, almost a month later have not had the domain transfered to me. I needed the domain for a project I have been working on and since I dont have the domain that I paid for a month ago, I went ahead and purchased another name and I dont need the one I bought anymore since it has taken one month already! What is the problem, my account with you guys is topbuys, I sent numerous emails today also.

Its been a whole month! I do not want anymore excuses, I dont know what ICANN's policies are for these situations, but I will be looking into it today.

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm

A response from SEDO

Hello Justin

Lorenzo

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI All

Thanks for replying to my emails Justin...(Sedo)

I got a reply from Sedo today and payment is being processed now..

I was not worried about being paid I knew I would be in the end I was more concerned about not getting a reply to my emails in an acceptable time frame.

Replying to an email a week after it was sent is really just to long when doing business online... 24-48 hours is under standable.. I guess it is something sedo needs to address...

Well in the future I will just need to have more patiance when dealing with sedo...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ezimedia said:
HI All

OK I got paid for my domain name and all is well.... Looking forward to my next sedo sale soon I hope.

Thanks again
Tom Dahne

A little push goes along way

Lorenzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom