Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo offers domain appraisals to non-owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Amazing. Simply amazing.

Sedo offers domain appraisals to the non-owners of domains.
Essentially, undercutting one's sales of domains listed at Sedo, and even Sedo themselves.

More details soon.

Domain Days 2024

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure.. They'll appraise it for the owner, then the buyer, act as a buyers agent, hold whatever they negotiate the appraised vaules at in escrow, charge for each of these services to both parties, then make 10% off the sale anyway. And ya gotta wonder when they appraise low, who's actually the buyer? Always amazed me too.

Howver, that being said, they do have one of the best venues of selling a domain out there. Just gotta look out for yourself.

Last edited:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most places do this...Moniker and Godaddy to name a few...you normally type in the domain name when ordering the appraisal. I can't think of any company that verifies the ownership of the domain.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was emailed Sedo's appraisal by a potential buyer. All I have to say about Sedo's appraisal value and method is "clueless".
I've started to offer potential buyers an incentive to go via Escrow.com or Moniker's escrow, by asking them to pay for Sedo's 10% fee during the negotiations.
Sedo needs to straighten up their act.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now i get it...someone goes to sedo for an appraisal, they email you with it and is there an option for you to accept it?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Rock, no. You can read about it all at my blog.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
goes to read the blog of Acroplex...

:dance:

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

S

SedoCoUk

Hello,

Something I’d like to clarify is that Sedo does not ever have our brokers doing appraisals. We actually have a separate team of market analysts completing appraisals before brokers are ever sent the brokerage order request.

I can guarantee you that Sedo’s brokers are partial to the party that has ordered our brokerage service, and are always working in their best interest.

I’d also like to take this time to talk about Sedo’s new and improved brokerage service. As the demand for Sedo’s brokerage services continues to increase, so does our commitment to our clients' needs and expectations. We now offer a new process for submitting both buyer and seller side brokerage requests and additional communication tools. Our dedicated brokers will now be able to work one-on-one with clients through Sedo’s exclusive message tool instead of standard email. The goal for these updates is to build stronger relationships through a more personalized service. Please refer to this thread about the service posted earlier this week.

Acroplex- if you'd like to give me a call I'd be happy to discuss any of those issues you're having or put you in touch with one of our brokers.

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Monica, as I explained, the mere fact that Sedo accepts appraisals of domains already parked and monetized at Sedo by their owners from third-party non-owners is just wrong and competes both with the owners and Sedo itself.

On the subject of brokered offers, the broker that conveys an offer below an appraisal that Sedo has already made, is being counter-productive in the least; annoying at its worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom