Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo or Afternic for PPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which is the best to park your domain at do you think?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both are good for trying to sell your DNs not for PPC
For PPC try domainhop, domainsponsor or Fabulous

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ross1982 said:

First of all, there is a sub-forum for this at DNF:

Under the Gold Forum: Search Engines and Traffic Building, then go to the PPC subforum.

Second, I review most of the PPC services on my website:
[Mod Edit - Wrong forum for advertising your site.]

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For PPC try domainhop, domainsponsor or Fabulous

Domainhop..... never tried them, do they allow u to customize the keywords yourself like sedo?

Domainsponsor.... they're only good if you qualify for their "google feed (premeier)" otherwise I've found they couldn't compare to sedo.

Fabulous.... they may be good, but I'ver never been able to try them because of their minium amount of traffic domains you need to get in.

So, I stay @ Sedo.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think fabulous wants a certain amount of domains , not a certain amount of traffic, right?

I was going to setup my account in August but was delayed.
Will probably do it soon.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
Domainhop..... never tried them, do they allow u to customize the keywords yourself like sedo?

Domainsponsor.... they're only good if you qualify for their "google feed (premeier)" otherwise I've found they couldn't compare to sedo.

Fabulous.... they may be good, but I'ver never been able to try them because of their minium amount of traffic domains you need to get in.

So, I stay @ Sedo.

OK, since this discussion did not move over to where it belongs, I will respond here.

You can select your own keywords at DomainHop, just like at Sedo. DH offers lots of customization options. As of now, they have no minimum for domains or traffic, but I am not sure how long that will last. DH and Sedo were both at TRAFFIC 2004.

Fabulous used to want 50 domains, but now they are looking for 100 for entry. They will be coming out with a higher tier program (Professional grade). Not sure what the entry requirement will be, just yet. I got this from Dan Warner, COO, at TRAFFIC.

In order to get higher return from DomainSponsor, you need to be in the Premier program, which has a 1000 uniques/day entry requirement. If you have the 1000 u/d, then, for most domains, you will get the best return at DS.

Sedo offers foreign language links and pages, which works real well for some names, but they are a bit thin on advertisers for some of these keywords in different languages. I expect that situation to improve over time.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks hiOsilver! :-D

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's what I think.

Sedo - Great for some keywords (maximum i get is $10/click for a single domain, just wish I had more traffic to it), seems to work really well for European traffic.

Afternic - Great for selling domains, lousy for PPC.

DH - Great for domains with high traffic but low CTR (works really good for my adult domains)

Fabulous - haven't tried yet so I'll probably try it next month.

DS - Simply the best ...DS rules

PPCincome.com - Excellent and very useful information available there, hope they get to evaluate more PPC programs.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unholy1 said:
DS - Simply the best ...DH rules

Thats kind of confusing.
DS is the best but DH rules?
which one is better?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lmao... I'm betting it was a typo! ;)

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ross1982 said:

Hitfarm

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:

How can You sign up in hitfarm?
Theyre page says, coming soon?

Thanks

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:

At this point, HitFarm is by invitation only, or so it seems. If you go to their website, there is "Coming soon!". I will probably test HitFarm next, if they send me an invitation. I met the president of HitFarm at TRAFFIC 2004, but I cannot seem to find his card.

And, I will make this point again, this thread actually belongs in the PPC Subforum, under the Search Engines and Traffic Building Forum. There are many posts over there discussing the various PPC providers.

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope that you stopped the Smartname.com booth and had the opportunity to spend time with Ari Goldberger and myself. Smartname is the premier ppc solution. While in the past we had been by invitation only, I am open to review the portfolio of any Dnforum member. Our goal as major domain owners has always been to treat your domains as we would treat our own. Owning and managing domains such as marketing.com, woman.com, tshirt.com, ticket.com, soda.com, md.com, medicine.com, flying.com, boating.com, children.com, and many others, has given us the opportunity to build and invest in excellent technology, along with being able to offer things no other services are able to.

Some members of this forum along with other domainers have had wonderful results with us.

i would love to speak with any member to see if we can work out a custom solution for you

regards

larry fischer
smartname.com
"where it pays to point your names"

hiOsilver said:
At this point, HitFarm is by invitation only, or so it seems. If you go to their website, there is "Coming soon!". I will probably test HitFarm next, if they send me an invitation. I met the president of HitFarm at TRAFFIC 2004, but I cannot seem to find his card.

And, I will make this point again, this thread actually belongs in the PPC Subforum, under the Search Engines and Traffic Building Forum. There are many posts over there discussing the various PPC providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom