Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Owner Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I register some expired domain, I often receive owner verification emails from Sedo.

Obviously they do not use a good WHOIS service. I wrote them several times and suggested to use a better WHOIS website or directly a WHOIS of the respective registrar, but they continue using their stupid WHOIS that is simply delayed.

They always accepted my domains eventually, when I submitted the same domain with the same WHOIS info the second time, but why cannot all this be avoided? The company is specialized in domain names, so using WHOIS is the most elementary skill.

Domain Days 2024

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Sedo at all but it's not always possible to determine the ownership just from the whois info. Maybe because of this they don't put additional efforts in resolving this issue. Though they don't put much efforts in anything.

dominator

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Sedo at all but it's not always possible to determine the ownership just from the whois info.

i know, but in my cases the only reason is that they use the wrong whois
(always the expired domains with old whois info, if you don't use the right whois)

they do not get any additional info from me, andthey accept the domain anyway after 2 days when also their delayed whois gets updated

i think it is useless to send people verification emails just because sedo's whois does not show correct data yet

as i said, there are more reliable whois websites or directly the whois of the respective registrar, why cannot they use them? it costs nothing

dominator

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
another owner verification emails

they simple do not check the whois
or their whois uses old (cached) data

it's so easy to check the whois info

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom