Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo & Parked.com for sure, but who comes 3rd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those of us who aren't that experienced in monetizing, is there some sort of consensus for a close or even distant 3rd (and 4th) pkg service, most domainers I've asked say Parked.com or Sedo, most threads I've read bear that out too, so I doubt there's that much of a dispute about who the top two are all factors considered and generically speaking, since so many agree

But if you wanted to "diversify", would you look at NameDrive, Bodis, GD, coming in 3rd & 4th ? NameDrive is being recommended to me a lot atm....

As for DomainSponsor I hear it's also good, and I wish Fabulous would stop being such an exclusive club (which also happens to be a registrar) & take more of us mere mortals into their notorious monetization program, 1st time I applied for a regular acct there (just to receive a push for a name) they rejected me while their disclosures clearly said at the time "anyone can open an acct", I got it later but unless you're a wholesaler you can't be part of that, the email they sent also said to contact them only after I owned at least 100 names (all .com, no less) & that they should consist of one to two English vocabulary words...but I know some guys who've been required to own more than 100 domains to even apply, no idea how they decide that w/o knowing who you are, can you spell

e-l-i-t-e.....c-l-u-b ? :eek:

Last edited:

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Namedrive a lot, especially for ccTlds although my experience is that almost all keyword-rich domains can be optimised pretty well at ND.

Besides I am experimenting a little with Adense for Domains but not long enough yet to draw conclusions.

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the advice, guys :cheesy:

will check into Fabulous again some time soon,

and as for Namedrive it's definitely one to consider, Whypark apparently is too, will keep you posted after i've tried those :yes:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
another thing, i'm simply amazed godaddy usually is not even mentioned as a pkg alternative, even when w/their domain disc club gives you free premium pkg + 80% of the revenue, one more of those areas gd is simply not known to be good at, i wonder if their pkg would even be in the top 10

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
another thing, i'm simply amazed godaddy usually is not even mentioned as a pkg alternative, even when w/their domain disc club gives you free premium pkg + 80% of the revenue, one more of those areas gd is simply not known to be good at, i wonder if their pkg would even be in the top 10

No offense, unless you think you should take some...if your amazed that godaddy is not mentioned, I'm williing to bet you have'nt been in the game too long :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would rate the top 4 parking firms in this order, bssd on combination of revenue potential, ease of use, templates and control panels (ranking is not based only on income, which can vary a lot and I am far from sure who is best with income):

1. Parked.com
2. Fabulous.com
3. DomainSponsor.com
4. Namedrive.com

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to poker : why should i take any offense in the fact i haven't been domaining for long (certainly not nearly 8 yrs like you, according to your info) or that i'm learning and therefore i ask questions ? not me, dude

incidentally, you misinterpreted my comment, i was saying i was amazed GD isn't even mentioned as an acceptable pkg alternative not because i thought it was good and should be mentioned w/the others but precisely that given they're the #1 registrar on earth and could afford throwing a $2 M Xmas party in 08 as bad as things were all over, that i was amazed they haven't pulled their act together when it comes to pkg, to mention just one area

if what NameDrive, Parked, etc do IS rocket science then they'd better hire rocket scientists at GD, i regged my 1st name w/them in 08 and soon I found out their pkg service was deplorable even when i had the DDC that gives you 80% of the revenue + free premium pkg, in fact i got to know experienced domainers who said when they reg or buy a name on GD they don't even bother parking it there, that's how bad i've been told it is, and it seems to be true

wanna contribute to the thread and tell us YOUR experience these 8 yrs ? i assume you've parked a name or two at some of the major ones, rite ? and if i play "this game" for 8 yrs i hope i will have great advice to give to newer domainers, so, tell us, which one(s) has worked best for you in the long run ?

No offense, unless you think you should take some...if your amazed that godaddy is not mentioned, I'm williing to bet you have'nt been in the game too long :)

to the others who posted, thanks to all, they all seem to fall in line w/what my expectations were, NameDrive, Parked, Sedo, --as to DomainSponsor i can't say much yet and WhyPark which Parked owns is a different breed in that it's minisites, not traditional straight pkg (Fabulous if i ever get accepted i'll judge for myself)

With 2009 having marked the death of parking (revenue) I've moved more names to NameDrive, some of their templates are just awesome so if a name is gonna give me $0.01/mo w/whichever service I use then I'd rather pick a killer template on NameDrive just to showcase it + try to sell it, right ? lol :uhoh: .... it's just unbelievable how little $ I've made even considering I joined domaining exactly as the market was going south... :undecided:

D

Deleted member 111831

Sedo sucks in my experience.

For me it's DomainSponsor far and away #1. Parked #2. Fabulous is good for poker domains but not for anything else.

Tenkk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what?

Last edited:

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally disagree with anyone that states Parked.com
and here is why posted by Acro at http://acro.net/blog/2010/11/27/sedo-delivers-record-revenue-for-november/
He is correct.

I have names at Parked , Sedo, Why Park and Smartname
Its exactly as he stated

I will be consolidating at Sedo

On a Side Note: Smartname in their ecomm templates have many many links that go nowhere except back to your same page and opens another window
Smartname needs to be smarter - customers and visitors will not like that and they will leave asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom