Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Parked Pages Meta Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

audubon

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest that Sedo either allow users of the parking program the ability to set the meta tags for the parked pages, or at least change the current meta tags to something more generic sounding or something related to the domain's keywords.

Currently, the content of the description tag is

"The first internet search engine for domain offers, which are for sale. We have over 1.500.000 domains in our database. If you have domains/URLs to offer, place your free ad here!"

The content of the keywords tag is

"domains, domainname, domainregistration, buy and sell domains, domainauction, domainmarket, appraisals, Domainauktion, Domainmarkt, Domainhandel"

Assume, for example, that your domain is "shoes.com." If someone searches for "shoes" or "shoes.com" using Google, the search results show the text of the description tag, which obviously has nothing to do with shoes. Thus we can assume that the searcher will be less likely to click the link to your domain if he were, in fact, searching for pages related to shoes.

If the description were instead something generic, or even something along the lines of "for shoes, try these sponsored links...", it would seem that the searcher would be more likely to click through to your domain.

Any thoughts?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that Sedo should take advantage of the various meta tags available... at least the results in search engines would be more meaningful...

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with you too

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
One solution: frame your content and use URL forwarding. It can be done at registrar level or at web host level.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Generic hmm no as you would then be competing with everyone else who uses the keyword "shoes" for example..

I think this is something that is available on the Premium Sedo Program.. so perhaps you should build up your portfolio and upgrade...

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the Criteria.... This is a very new thing and I am sure you can hear more about it at the London Event :)

I would go myself but they wont give me 2 tickets.. I mean really that just aint gravy.. so I will have to get the highlights from someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom