Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SEDO parking opinions overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnauctions

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not looking for a long detailed analysis but just a thumbs up/thumbs down, maybe a little "why" one way or other...

Looking at couple other options - Parked.com and Fabulous... any comparisons would be appreciated...

Thanks.

MG

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
depends upon the names. about 5% of my revenue comes from sedo

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the little guy with no money, it's good.

1) It's free (for Sedo)
2) They don't scrutinize your portfolio like other parking companies do.
3) They're easy to use.
4) You can also sell it at the same time and quickly show traffic hits
5) They actually record your hits unlike the other company I was with (that I paid to be with, 6 months, 0 hits, even after I accessed the sites form different computers).

The best? Hell no. I'm sure other companies are much better, but if you have limited resources and are just starting out, they're not a bad option to go with.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
btw- 99.99% of the parking company are free to use

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of all I've tried, I like SEDO the best. Like all the services, SEDO seems to have all the same fluctuations in click revenues at the moment.

However, to me, SEDO's two biggest weaknesses are PARKED's strongest ones -- the ability to add HTML text and pics to the parked domain's page and a huge photo database.

SEDO's pictures are not only dated but fail to have any relevance to the domain name in many cases. What does PARKED have? Five thousand photos? And what does SEDO have? Maybe 100?

SEDO, I love y'all, but no improvements in the last two years makes me wonder if no one cares any more, except maybe on the auction side of your business. I'm one of your biggest fans, but have you given up? Please spend a few dollars and outsource it if you don't want to do it yourself.

Oh, yeah, I forgot -- Most of the functions related to putting domains into Portfolios do not work. :(

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ultimately it comes down to conversion. Some of my portfolio do really well at Parked and others really do well on Sedo (and now I'm on Pro they do a bit better). If you want a Sedo Pro invite just PM me.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Currently seeing a major downturn in ppc for all names, cut my normal SedoPro revenue by 60/70% over the past few days.

Not encouraging!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedopro is not really that much better than regular sedo other than the bonus at the end of the month or whatever you want to call it..PARKED.com blows sedo away like tenfold imo..I love buying names from people that have them parked at sedo and then making 3x as much with them at parked.com

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked is only good if they allow you to join. I've been rejected 4 times now. Oh well, I've made $27 in 8 days with one domain though Sedo. (the domain is only 8 days old, too)

I guess that's not good enough for Parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom