Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SEDO parking service cancelled without notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gketchum

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I started parking over 800+ generic domains with sedo in October and spent considerable time customizing my parked domains, having set 10 keywords for over 400 of my domains, and then last week without any notice my account was cancelled. I never received any notice as to why and have not been able to get any response from emailing sedo to ask why? my daily revenue was trending up nicely at the time.

I also have never been paid!

I would like to know if this has happenned to anyone else. Seems highly unprofessional.

***I was finally contacted and told it was a "computer glitch" and received apologies from 2 sedo employees. My account is Back, all my customization work was still there and I am back to earning something on my parked pages. Sedo also paid me in full for the previous earnings...So, let's hope there are no other set backs like this with my portfolio this year....

Is there a published set of rules of what can get you banned. Can I link to a sedo parked page from other web pages I own? I think some of my generic names provide relevant link lists to my site visitors?

Thanks to Monica and Sara at Sedo for getting this correct and to DNFORUM because I think without posting here I may never had resolved this? ************

Greg

spriggy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I started parking over 800+ generic domains with sedo in October and spent considerable time customizing my parked domains, having set 10 keywords for over 400 of my domains, and then last week without any notice my account was cancelled. I never received any notice as to why and have not been able to get any response from emailing sedo to ask why? my daily revenue was trending up nicely at the time.

I also have never been paid!

I would like to know if this has happenned to anyone else. Seems highly unprofessional.

Greg

My sedo account is still working greg. Have you emailed them to ask them why??

Spriggy

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Greg,

Please PM me your Sedo username and I'll look into this for you. Without your account info, I couldn't say what the issue is here.

Thanks,
Monica

gketchum

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did click on a link in one of my URLs on 2 occasions while I was customizing my domains in error....so maybe 2 clicks from my static IP address over 800+ domains and around 3 months time. I was never notified or warned of of any wrongdoing and it had been at least a month since my last errant click. I also did email SEDO 2X and filled out their online contact form asking why and never heard back. I have PM'd Monica and maybe she can get an answer for me.

garptrader

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I started parking over 800+ generic domains with sedo in October and then last week without any notice my account was cancelled.

It is likely they suspect click fraud or other activity designed to increase traffic. I recall a domain I sold several months ago for a few hundred bucks which didn't have any meaningful traffic. I was curious what the new buyer was going to do with it and was surprised the buyer was doing nothing more than trying to resell it on SEDO for a higher price :) But what I found more interesting was that the traffic counts were noticeably higher than they were when I was the registrant. How did that happen? The buyer has placed the domain name in various message boards hoping individuals will click on it and click on the ads. They run the risk that SEDO finds out and cancels their account.

I have posted various domains listed with SEDO on DNForum message boards for sale but I do NOT post the link to the PARKING page. I may post a link to SEDO.com or mention it is listed with SEDO. Sometimes I have listed the Afternic SALES page to avoid any trouble with SEDO parking. The only real value from SEDO is the domain listing because the PPC income isn't substantial. So why risk losing the listing over peanuts?

Downloads

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just had my Sedo account cancelled too. Apparently there were irregularities on my account and rather than contact me about them, they decided to just cancel my account. Maybe they ought to learn from Parked who if they think something is up, they just remove the click, not close your account.

Obviously they didn't notice that i don't park any domains with them so i don't know where the clicks have come from when i only use them for auctions not parking.

Talking to other people it seems i'm not the only person to have clicks on my names when they aren't parked there.

Seems like Sedo has a glitch yet i can't get them on the phone, they don't reply to emails and i have a big domain sale going through as we speak but now i can't complete that either.

VERY Unhappy.

Downloads

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm really not quite sure how to make someone help me.

I've emailed the person who terminated my account, emailed the general email, emailed someone who deals with my auction sales, messaged the Sedo person a few posts above and they haven't responded.

I can't believe Sedo have customer service like this, 2 working days it's been down and not one person has had the manners to respond *shrugs*

Downloads

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought a lot of Sedo was based in Germany? Could be wrong of course.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they have offices all over. I know there is one in Boston (Cambridge?), mass and I think they do have a .co.uk group also. Perhaps the people you contacted were reflecting on civil rights and Martin Luther Kinf Jr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom