Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Parking vs. Adsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjaguar13

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it better to park a domain at a place like Sedo and hope you get traffic, or use the PPC templates and create some content in hopes to get indexed in search engines and then get Adsense clicks?

Domain Days 2024

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo for generic typin stuff.

Content for non-typo-generic stuff.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'd say adsense all the way, even if you dont get a lot of traffic..

unless you're looking to sell the domain quicker, leave it at sedo.

sjaguar13

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What kind of dynamic content? I was planning on using some articles or something with a few links to other keywords. Basically the PPC template V2 thing.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sjaguar13 said:
What kind of dynamic content? I was planning on using some articles or something with a few links to other keywords. Basically the PPC template V2 thing.

Well, dynamic meaning anything but you having to handcode every single page. If it's articles with original, and preferably royalty-free, content then one of the article management scripts would be good. If you want to run a link directory, check into one of the better link directory scripts (where both you and potential visitors can add links or reviews...) If you're looking for organic traffic, it would always help to have SEO friendly systems... such as those that generate static URLs without session IDs and the like.

RSS aggregrator scripts are another decent way of getting dynamic content onto your site (although they also provide an exit channel for your visitors)...

Cheers,

Rob

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But it this way im in the process of taking my top 10 domains from sedo to asdense,i will let you know if its better !

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's a generic domain, then Sedo. But if it doesn't get consistent traffic, you might as well build it into a site w/ content, place Adsense on every page, and get it indexed by search engines.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think one thing that needs to be remembered is that web-sites, however, small they are, need to have time invested in them, a working server (which means checking your server, unless you really assume they are top quality, with almost no faults), and overseeing the site. I had one very simple site hacked. When parking your only issues are getting the domain parked correctly, forwarding, and overseeing the parking service.

sjaguar13

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In order to easily control my sites and keep better stats records, I use frames to forward to Sedo. I have a bulk script that takes a list of domains I own, logs into my host and creates accounts for each. I also made an FTP script that loops through the list of domains to upload new files/delete old files without me having to manually do it. I have it set up so all new domains get a hosting account created, upload the frame page with the Sedo link for that domain (dynamically created), and then create a directory (/stats), upload the stats files and install them. I click can get 500 accounts created, index files created and uploaded, and stats files uploaded and installed.

This lets me know where the traffic is coming from, instead of page views, uniques, and clicks, and nothing else. And it keeps the nameservers pointed to my host, so there is no delay if I actually want to develope one of them.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sjaguar13 said:
In order to easily control my sites and keep better stats records, I use frames to forward to Sedo. I have a bulk script that takes a list of domains I own, logs into my host and creates accounts for each. I also made an FTP script that loops through the list of domains to upload new files/delete old files without me having to manually do it. I have it set up so all new domains get a hosting account created, upload the frame page with the Sedo link for that domain (dynamically created), and then create a directory (/stats), upload the stats files and install them. I click can get 500 accounts created, index files created and uploaded, and stats files uploaded and installed.

This lets me know where the traffic is coming from, instead of page views, uniques, and clicks, and nothing else. And it keeps the nameservers pointed to my host, so there is no delay if I actually want to develope one of them.

Nice if youre technically minded but likes of me who just buys domains a side line and have not got a clue about webdesign etc have a straight choice park them with sedo or have them fully developed which is expensive or turn them into a google adsense site !

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I prefer Yahoo ads any day. For an example I have it on deleted.com and geocity.org, and I thing the money is greater then Google. But that is for those few that have accounts with Yahoo, as they have not fully released yet.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts and sigs promoting services where someone will build a content site for you around your domains theme...you just plug-in your adsense codes and you're done. Has anyone had any experience with these types of services? I'm more of a developer than a parker myself but I have quite a few domains that I've parked while I decide what to do with them that aren't generating enough parking revenue (more than I have time to develop) and I believe it might be a way for me to turn them around.

sjaguar13

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
totenmaske said:
...I'm more of a developer than a parker myself but I have quite a few domains that I've parked while I decide what to do with them that aren't generating enough parking revenue ....

That's my problem. I keep getting domains as they drop, but am still working on my older ones. I am working on optimizing my Sedo domains, but I am thinking about trying the PPC template. Adam is definitely more knowledgeable than me when it comes to parking. What I like about it is the fact that with content, I can pick a few different keywords for each domain, and I am hoping it increases the traffic, even if just a little.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I keep getting domains as they drop, but am still working on my older ones. I am working on optimizing my Sedo domains, but I am thinking about trying the PPC template.

Yeah, sometimes it seems like I work harder for less money than I do at my "real" job...but I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom