Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo/Paypal Fee ???? Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gptpark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a domain on Sedo for $2500.00US

The transaction was concluded today and the money was transfered to my paypal account. When I checked my account I received only $2184.45

I was charged $250 by Sedo which I can deal with (I guess), but I was also charged $65.55 by paypal to receive the funds?? Is this right or something new? I thought Sedo handled the paypal fees?

Has anyone else had this issue or am I just whining?

thanks

S

SedoCoUk

Hi,

Paypal levy a 3% fee to receive funds.
Wire transfer is often free within Europe and, depending on where you are in the world, normally considerably cheaper, but somewhat slower, than Paypal.

Ed

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gptpark said:
I was charged $250 by Sedo which I can deal with (I guess), but I was also charged $65.55 by paypal to receive the funds?? Is this right or something new? I thought Sedo handled the paypal fees?

If you have a premiere or business account with PayPal then there is an approximately 3% fee everytime you receive money. It's free for personal accounts but the funds received must be from a PayPal balance or checking account. You can have both a personal and a business account.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gptpark said:
I recently sold a domain on Sedo for $2500.00US

The transaction was concluded today and the money was transfered to my paypal account. When I checked my account I received only $2184.45

thanks

---------------------

given the same circumstances, i would have been happy to pay both the sedo and paypal fee. enjoy the money and congrats on your sale.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't trust Sedo with my bank info ever since a security breach a few months back was perceived as "comical" by one of their German personnel.

Therefore, I switched to receiving paper checks.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I don't trust Sedo with my bank info ever since a security breach a few months back was perceived as "comical" by one of their German personnel.

Therefore, I switched to receiving paper checks.

I remember that incident.. did you find out who was trying to break into your account?

That was not nice of the SEDO guy.. tut tut SEDO guy.:evil: I am sure it wasnt Mr ED though

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gptpark said:
Sedo sent you US$2,250, and they did their part. PayPal charged you $65.55; that's between PayPal and you, and had nothing to do with Sedo at all. I don't see anything wrong with that. Just some quick thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom