Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Please Learn To Use Whois!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEDO PLEASE LEARN TO USE WHOIS!!!!!

It is really simple!
Do you want me to train you stuff?

I sold a .org domain. On the 4th of May the domain was transfered ok. Whois showed the name of the buyer.

On the 6th I send email saying that the transfer is complete and they should send my money.
Martin Osusky told me: "I will release the funds once I have
control confirmation from the buyer."
Today I send an email again. I got the same reply.
Finally I told him to check whois. Just now he said that he will send the money.

Sedo doesn't need a confirmation from the buyer when whois shows the buyer's name. Especially after I have send them the auth code and buyer has informed sedo about the registrar they are using.

Sedo is getting worse every day. I am currently checking my other options. There is a new ppc company that I will try this week.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Except... what happens under this scenario:-

A) You change the Whois details to match the buyer
B) Sedo releases the money
C) You change the Whois details back

Most registrars will allow the above scenario, and there's nothing the buyer can do since you can complete A-C before they can complete a transfer out of there.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
Especially after I have send them the auth code and buyer has informed sedo about the registrar they are using.

Do you think I transfered the domain to the buyer's registrar and put their whois there?

If they wanted so much to be sure they could phone them sometime during the 5 days that passed since the transfer.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the same trouble but not with selling. Just getting my domains listed sometimes is excruciating, it's like damn guys I have 250 domains listed here, what's the deal?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think I had the same predicament, however it was solved by the fact that I pushed the domain to Sedo's account instead.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
Except... what happens under this scenario:-

A) You change the Whois details to match the buyer
B) Sedo releases the money
C) You change the Whois details back

Most registrars will allow the above scenario, and there's nothing the buyer can do since you can complete A-C before they can complete a transfer out of there.

I was thinking that too..

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should I re-quote myself?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys he already stated he had the confirmation of the switch, and the whois was in the different name and the buyer contacted sedo with such info.....case closed chaulk it up for another crappy customer service with sedo.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not always possible. For me it is 50%.

I forgot to say that the domain had the customers nameservers and was resolving pointing their website.

Bashar said:
just push it to sedo and let them deal with it, why deal with the customer directly

always safer/faster

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How would a seller know the buyer's contact info? Sedo keeps all that private, so unless it was a pre-planned deal, then you would not know the buyer and know what to put in the Whois...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are right.
Even if there is a contract, the seller always signs first.

Mr. Deleted said:
How would a seller know the buyer's contact info? Sedo keeps all that private, so unless it was a pre-planned deal, then you would not know the buyer and know what to put in the Whois...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom