Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo please make sure you inform the buyers that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo please make sure you inform the buyers that the $60/€60 offer is actually an offer and not a "what is your asking price".

I am really tired of these $60/€60 offers.
Would you go to a homeowner and offer him $500 to buy his home and THEN ask his asking price? He would tell you to get lost.
I know I can set the minimum offer to whatever I want but with a few thousands domains this is a bit difficult.

Maybe it would be better if we had a "what is your asking price" option(on/off). If the option is on the buyer asks for our asking price.

Also I would really like to be able to "ban" a buyer. There are times that I get $100 offers for 3-5 domains within 5 minutes. I know he is the same person and don't want anymore of his lowball offers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The Sedo interface needs a complete overhaul.
I would offer my professional services - I'm a UI expert - but then I'd have to be paid in euro :-D

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. We are currently reviewing ways that we can reduce fake offers to an absolute minimum. The problem is that finding a buyer for a domain is much harder than finding sellers of domain names. As a result, we tend to lean on the side of the buyer as this encourages more offers through on domain names. We are, of course, aware that a certain number of these bids are fake, but we believe it is better to get 10 offers of which 2 are fake than making the bidding process more stringent and receiving only 3 bids for a domain.
We really are looking into ways we can tighten up the system. Unfortunately, no Internet comapny is free from fraud. Just last week, one ebay buyer bought up $ 2,000 worth of goods from one of my friends and disappeared into cyberspace.
If you are confident that you really are being bugged by the same buyer making stupid bids, then you can email me with the details and I'll have words with them!
We do value you, our sellers very highly, but I'm sure you're happier to be receiving bids on names of which the majority are in good faith rather than receiving fewer bids.
As far as setting a minimum offer is concerned, the new domain management tool - which looks really cool, by the way - should be out in two weeks and allows you to make bulk updates to your pricing options.

As usual, email me if you have any queries. [email protected]

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really hope that the new domain management tool is as good as you say.
It sounds great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom