Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

sedo policy petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo has a new policy regarding fees - $50 minumum fee for ANY domain sold thru negotiation or auction.

I feel the auctions will lose a lot of popularity by this, resulting in making less people view them and lower sales + high fees.

Also the page system for the auction list is horrible, I loved to view all the names on auction in one large list, now it comes in pages of 25 :disappointed:

Sign this thread if you're with me on this. Sedo, change stuff back to the way it was!

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also would like to sign this petition :)

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mer

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Signed. I have already started moving my domains elsewhere..

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My transaction was canceled today because I asked my transfer agent too many questions. Like, why they allow certain users to continue to bid on domains that they have no intention of paying for. Why they mark and publicize domains as 'sold' when we have not even received payment. No, I never got over aggressive and No, I never requested for the transaction to get canceled...

This technique seems like they are just pumping their company, making it seem like they are selling A LOT more domains then they actually are...

I just moved to sedo parking not too long ago as well as just started to list all my domains for sale there, but I am ready to move elsewhere already after dealing with the Customer Service...

romeo111

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo has a new policy regarding fees - $50 minumum fee for ANY domain sold thru negotiation or auction.

I feel the auctions will lose a lot of popularity by this, resulting in making less people view them and lower sales + high fees.

I quitely agree with you, Toilet Monster ! :veryangry:
I also read your post on namepros

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/619228-sedo-policy-change-petition.html

And I think that there is the really right place to post !

It is easy to see that SEDO is compeling their customers MUST assign a FIXED price for their domain
Because they know that customers always want to void the minimum commission fee and according sedo new policy:
Parking is NOT enough, we must Parking AND assign a FIXED price
When we do that, "Sedo will waive the 50 EUR/USD or 35 GBP minimum commission for qualifying domains that follow these sales tips." :eek:

It mean:
They do NOT give to customer A CHOICE .

They asked their customer to sell their domain with the FIXED price
They only think about big domainer because they always have many premium domains with high price

Sedo quitely do NOT think about small and medium domainers/domain investors
Ex: "For a 60Euro offer, Sedo demands 50Euro commission, which means do not sell it and this logic will kill the small segments of the market." (ulasbbtr)

I wonder Sedo will be still the # 1 site if they do that ??? :?:

It's unfair !!!

Please let's your reply here if you agree with me .

--------------------
PS: It very hard to assign a FIXED price though sedo have free apprasal tool because it's only a machine, not a Live person.
A domain name is worth what someone will pay for it. A domain that looks valuable on paper is worth what it appears to be worth only if someone is willing to pay that amount for it.

And to assign a end price for domain, we often need negotiation and a auction !

----

Last edited:

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

HappyDay

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Signed but I´m afraid your petition it will not change something because it´s Sedo´s marketing stragegie and there new concept.

I use Sedo only since a few months but through these changes I´m looking now for alternatives for the most of my domains.

romeo111

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Signed but I´m afraid your petition it will not change something because it´s Sedo´s marketing stragegie and there new concept.

I use Sedo only since a few months but through these changes I´m looking now for alternatives for the most of my domains.

If sedo don't change ...

It's easy to see that SEDO will lose a large of sellers and buyers

They will go to other services with lower commission fee
It is the rule of marketplace

Like as afternic.com, bido.com, godaddy market, namedrive.com, snapname, pool.com.... and more !

---

chillking

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
x

YourIdealDomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was quite annoyed at how Sedo tried to spin this and make it seem like they were offering something new. The way they advertised it in the email made it seem like Sedo was offering the “No Minimum Commission” deal for the first time. Sedo has always offered sellers the ability to sell domains with no minimum commission for fixed price sales(when the domain is parked at Sedo). So, making it seem like something new is very dishonest.

A more honest way of advertising this would be to tell sellers that they are they are no longer offering them the ability to sell domains at auction or by negotiation with no minimum commission. Sedo has downgraded(not upgraded) its services for sellers.

Sedo seems to be intentionally throwing away business. Normally, during an economic crisis, I would expect companies to try to get more business, not throw away current business.

If Sedo wanted to increase its minimum commission to $10 or $15 or even $20, they probably wouldn't face too much resistance from their sellers. But, $50 is just ridiculous. A $60 sale would result in a $10 profit.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is the profit margin and or the cost for sedo to assist in the sale of a domain for $60?

to me and maybe to sedo, it's not worth it to keep $10 on a $60 sale and that's why they probably made a $50 min.

another reason may be because so many of you are sending domains to auction with $60 bids, thus flooding the auction lists with domains that aren't going to sell for more than $100

for those who are selling domains in $,$$$ and up...it's no biggie

now if you want to petition them to lower the commission rate below 10%....i'll sign that.

imo...

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now if you want to petition them to lower the commission rate below 10%....i'll sign that.

That is all I really care about... I can understand their reasoning for the $50 minimum... But I have to say, I really do think their customer service needs a HUGE make over... both for selling and buying and even just basic questions... 3 days to get a answer to a question is ridiculous and that is if you are lucky to get one at all.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 days to get a answer to a question is ridiculous and that is if you are lucky to get one at all.

believe it or not, but many domainers ask a lot of silly ass questions

there are plenty of them related to sedo, posted in the General Discussion section

so just imagine the quantity and the quality of the type of questions they get every day

but if you know who and how to talk to people, answers come swiftly.

imo...

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
believe it or not, but many domainers ask a lot of silly ass questions

there are plenty of them related to sedo, posted in the General Discussion section

so just imagine the quantity and the quality of the type of questions they get every day

but if you know who and how to talk to people, answers come swiftly.

imo...

I've noticed their phone support is much easier. I had a problem a few weeks ago with some domains I had listed [resolved now] and it was taking forever (days) to get a response for a urgent message, made the call and it was done in less than 2 mins. I guess I shouldn't of waited to call, but then again, definitely didn't expect to wait that long for it to get rectified via email.

This is not the only situation though, earlier this year, I was buying a domain for high xxx through a broker, took 7 days to get a response, then 3 days for another, transaction all together took over a month and a half. Just silly...

If you don't want to deal with "low-moderate" domainers, then don't try to recruit them ~ they will have more / better competition soon anyways... so we shall see...

lalambert05

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Signed.

I don't know what I'm paying for on the commission because they aren't helpful, and not sure how long this selling process actually takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom