Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo PPC is doing much better then any other Parking SITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
def agreed - I've seen some great clicks this past month - very pleasant surprise.

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the same. Sedo revenue has improved a lot. However, it depends on the domain; some domains do better elsewhere.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing it flip-flop from pennies to half-a-buck frequently, regardless of where parked. I'll be damned if I can explain it.

Muhammad Mustafa

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
totally agree here, I received a 1.75 EUR click on an Arabic IDN last month.
but did any notice lower number of click @ Sedo rather than others even with optimization?

rockey

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
totally agree here, I received a 1.75 EUR click on an Arabic IDN last month.
but did any notice lower number of click @ Sedo rather than others even with optimization?
same here. I am having the same problem. Could anyone tell me how can we improve click rates..I tried optimization and have been changing keywords but without any success.

Adventure

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is doing extremely well for us, and it vindicates their strategy of maintaining a parking program dedicated to monetizing quality domains with natural direct navigation traffic --- through ads matching a visitor's interests.

When other parking firms were jumping on the arbitrage bandwagon, allowing anyone and their dog to send crappy traffic to domain names of dubious quality, Sedo knew the future of the business was with a business model where everyone wins --- the domain owner, the advertiser, the web visitor, Google as the ad provider, and Sedo itself. Frankly, I hate the term "parking", and I wish the domain industry wouldn't sound so defensive about using parked pages.

Sedo and the other responsible parking firms are providing a tremendous service to advertisers and web visitors alike. Aside from the revenues, I get a great deal of satisfaction to look at our parked pages to see advertisers big and small reaching the exact targeted audience they seek. Where else can a small company advertise at such a reasonable cost, reaching the same market as much larger rivals?

I have many parked pages with a 30% or higher CTR. It is especially important to set "Related Links" specifically related to the domain topic. On some domains, "related links" account for a large percentage of the clicks. Some "related links", while not getting a lot of traffic, have a 100% CTR.

In my opinion, it is extremely important to to provide a quality experience for the web visitors, so that they will return to your pages full of interesting ads. I never use pop-ups, and I provide keywords and "related links" which bring advertisers matching the domain name subject. As often as possible, I use the control panel to visit the main parked page and related pages, to insure that the ads which appear are relevant. It is unfortunate that some advertisers, in an effort to reach what they think is a "wider audience", are selecting keywords for the ads which aren't relevant to the product or service.

I also believe that it is extremely important to select a photo matching the domain topic.

Yes, we would all like to find the time to develop more websites with original content. But, we have nothing to be ashamed of in providing a valuable service through "parking".

---Ed

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nicely written Ed, lot of good points in there.

-$ideline

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also have to agree. I've tried domains with fair (well, compared to my portfolio) traffic and number of clicks and had them at other places. Afternic - four months and I only made $0.23 and I also had some with NameDrive, two months and I made a whopping $0.07 buth also had a significant drop in traffic when they left Sedo and a noticeable increase when they came back.

Not only that, I've had a few high priced clicks ($4-$6), one is finance related but the other is "generic" (I cannot figure out a good keyword for it, I need to find the one that pays $6 and fill it with that one and similar!).

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you all still seeing good PPC at Sedo? So far this month (2 days), I have gotten a total of 20 clicks on 14 different domains (with a wide assortment of keywords), and almost all the clicks have been $.02 or $.03. :angry:

I just have regular Sedo parking, not Sedo Pro - don't know how much of a difference that would make.

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo seems to be performing the same way as it always has for my domains, which is not too good. With Sedo my domains always seem to get a 10 - 15% ctr with a rpc of .03 to .05.

Parked has been doing quite well for my domains, especially over the last 5 or 6 weeks. My ctr with Parked for the past 30 days is a whopping 74.32%!!!!!!!

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing better than average uniques and ctr% with Sedo.

Im currently trying to get approval to get upgraded to SedoPro because i've heard that the EPC is better.

Can anyone tell me if this is true. And normally how long is the wait for approval.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ppc fluctuates daily at all parking sites.
I see the same name bring anywhere from $3 to $0.10 in a space of 48 hrs
This probably corresponds to the ad market whims.
The college campaign brought a lot of money to my sites. But as the ad campaign ended so is the revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom