Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Question: Who has sold domains on Sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohbdyduzitbetta

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long after the sale do they (Sedo) make you wait before sending you your money?

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my last transaction with them went fairly quickly i'd say 5 days - even with a weekend thrown in the mix. Just follow their instructions - and followup in email to let them know you've done it..
It seemed quicker than Afternic to me

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on the buyer and your transfer agent. I personally have the best agent at the company. I send payment and drop him an email and I will have the domain name the next day. The buyer technically has 10 days to pay.

domaingeneration

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be as quick as less than 1 week, if the buyer pays immediately with paypal. Sedo takes your domain into their account and pays you. They deal with the buyer's push or transfer later.

Afternic currently doesn't do that - it requires the buyer to confirm receipt of domain before paying you (some buyers don't confirm or they may take many days before logging in to confirm). Hopefully Afternic will do the same in the future.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In rare cases, payment may arrive in a few days, but sometimes it (appearantly) drags on and on and on...

Good luck!
Rob

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
most of my sales were completed within a day or two.

this last one which closed on the 15th of this month, the buyer just sent money yesterday. I pushed the domain same day.

Sedo says payment has been sent!

Just waiting on check now :)

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It really depends on three things for the most part

1. how quickly the buyer pays.

2. if the buyer accepts an expedited transfer...meaning seller can simply push a name into sedo's account at the current registrar.

3. if you accept paypal for your sedo payments.

If the buyer pays quickly and accepts expedited transfer...you will get your cash via paypal with in 24-48 hours.

If buyer pays quickly, but wants the name transferred to the registrar of their choice...sedo is at the mercy of the registrars as to when they actually do the transfers (and the seller as to how quickly they get the auth code).
this usually take 2-3 weeks for you to get paid.

It can take 1-2 months if the buyer screws around with the payment and seller does not send auth code and not accept pay pal.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of my highest sales have come from Sedo... and I tend to have the same 3 agents... hell, one of them is one of my Facebook Buddiess.... I usually get taken cared of in no more then 7 days.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I bought a domain at sedo I paid in few hours of close of auction. I sold two domains few weeks ago. One buyer never paid and sedo cancelled the deal. Other has not been cancelled , yet . Sedo should get authorization on buyer,s Credit card once a bid is placed and make sure seller gets paid in less than a week.

URLtrader

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I bought a domain at sedo I paid in few hours of close of auction. I sold two domains few weeks ago. One buyer never paid and sedo cancelled the deal. Other has not been cancelled , yet . Sedo should get authorization on buyer,s Credit card once a bid is placed and make sure seller gets paid in less than a week.

URLtrader

Well, at least when a deal is closed due to none payment, seller gets free domain sales upgrade and buyer gets banned. I know buyer could always get back but, it's not a total loss.

But I do agree they should should charge a payment method once an offer is moving foraward, otherwise, it's all futile.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been 3 months since the buyer paid.

:eek:
That's scandalous!
I know sedo are bad, but..........
start a thread in the sedo section, if the broker's not sacked, i wana know why.
like i say, start a thread & we'll all email the useless tw*ts until they're brought to bear

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have sold approximately 40-50 domains through Sedo and the time it takes from the buyer has paid, until the money is released to my PayPal account, varies from 3-30 days. I have experienced very swift payments on my last sales and it might be because I have been using the same, very professional and friendly broker for most of the transactions.

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain in Jan got paid in Feb, sedo have control of the domain it's still in my name and pointed into one of my PPC links as we speak

klklinc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo seems to be pretty good if the buyer pays up promptly. Problems arise when buyer keeps you hanging on. You cannot do anything with the domain until the sale is either completed or cancelled which can be quite some time!

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo seems to be pretty good if the buyer pays up promptly. Problems arise when buyer keeps you hanging on. You cannot do anything with the domain until the sale is either completed or cancelled which can be quite some time!

the reverse is true with mine.. they have paid me and they have control of the domain..

klklinc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a little confused....did you mean they have not paid you and have control of the domain?? I would expect that when you get paid they get control anyway as you have given up ownership!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom