Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo ready to hand over your personal info to Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainers want their domain names and websites indexed and ranked in Google

we want adsense checks

we want more epc for the clicks

and we use the gkwt to death,

but don't want big G to know anything about us

opt out.....

not me

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"Anything" isn't on the same scale as "everything" ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bought an anti-drone on Ebay for $99 - free shipping to Hong Kong
I bought one of those. What a rip off. Its a tube of Reynolds Wrap Tinfoil with instructions on how to make an anti drone detection hat.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easy ticket to the do not fly list for some if they have a portfolio of questionable names. :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Given the amount of data the Google guys have already collected about 99% of the world's pop, I don't think Sedo could possibly be giving them any vital info they don't already have. Other than your parked page behavior lol, how you set them, and similar stuff. Name, address, email, phone # ? please.... Google knows that better than we do. And yeah, right, Google only tracks you if you're logged in on Google when you do your stuff :smilewinkgrin:, and after you delete records, clean history, etc they don't keep all that massive data on us any longer than they really have to....:yes: oh, my..... lol

Funny, Sedo does not ask for your SSN ot Tax ID # to be used when paying parking revenue or sale proceeds, whether you're a person or a company. All other parking services ask for that and marketplaces often do too (but Go Daddy doesn't.... go figure...) a bit confused about how some companies demand that and some don't seem to need all that info. The SSN is the de facto national ID for US residents for any transaction (and driver's license comes a close 2nd as the ID for identification purposes) and cuz of that once you give out your SSN to anyone in domaining you'd better hope that co knows what they're doing...

So do your duty and supply all those good folks with anything about you they may need LMFAO..... maybe it's even for our own good ?.....

:usa2:

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Private entities, like government, are increasingly intrusive and demand always more data and compliance but what do WE get in return ?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Private entities, like government, are increasingly intrusive and demand always more data and compliance but what do WE get in return ?

That's when I retire, I'm going to find me a nice island or abandon oil rig and setup my own country with the option to become a citizen and monopoly money to buy goods and services. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

Immigration will be strict though, we'll probably only have one rubber boat for our first coast guard and slowly expand... I don't know how our Air Force will flourish as of yet... possibly kites for drone surveillance.

Then, everyone can piss off! :)

What will you get in return? Slow internet if it's a stormy day, no taxes, below standard living conditions, school books from the 1950s... BUT TAX FREE! ;)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You get free Facebook lol, Zuk said FB would always be free LMAO....... :dance: and the price of getting the thing "free" is giving FB your private info for them to use "as they see fit"

LOL yeah, successful domaining may get some their own private island .... and a lucky handful might just get to own 2 or 3..... (speaking of immigration lol, there actually are some countries which won't even let you apply to immigrate there if you're over 40 btw, I could not believe it......it may start a trend.... middle-aged geezers need not apply.....? lmfao :confused:)

That's when I retire, I'm going to find me a nice island or abandon oil rig and setup my own country with the option to become a citizen and monopoly money to buy goods and services ;) ............. Immigration will be strict though, :) ..................

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Getting off topic, but I can't even believe Japanese immigration laws. If my wife and I were to get a divorce, I would no longer have permission to stay in Japan unless I was a tourist (I would have to leave the country every 3 months for 24 hours to another country and come back) and they could deny extensions if I were to something as small as a speeding ticket (consequently sending me back earlier, where upon I could try to reenter 24 hours later), when I have a daughter here. Without a marriage visa to stay here, I would need a business visa... and actually have a business that hires people.

There's no faking the Japanese; they are slow, but they WILL catch up to your schemes. When they do, it hurts. :)

I.E. I was under a different visa that allowed me in the country (Status of Forces Agreement with Japan) and getting Japanese health insurance at one point. They finally did an audit and I was caught (I was told because I was a contractor as opposed to a government worker, I could use Japanese insurance as your contract may end at anytime, by my supervisor). I was paying 30% all along for everything, now I have to pay the remaining 70% for a duration of 3 years that I was using it (even though it was only 2 years and 2 months, those 2 months count as a full year-- Japanese are good at math). We setup a $150/month payment plan and have 4 years remaining to pay it off to the prefecture of Okinawa-- thank God they don't add interest or fees to it. (Not SOFA anymore, under marriage visa now).

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's real strict in fact (David).... Payback for all the anti-jap backlash and japs being rounded up/deported and discriminated against after WWW II perhaps....? :uhoh: It just may have something to do with that....

And (Katherine), could it just be that.... there is simply no such thing as privacy on the internet lol...... ? if that's the case anyone pls tell me right now !....LMFAO and if so that would be really shocking ..... :twitch:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom