Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo - Recieved Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

muratozcirpici

Wezp.Com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i recieved this mail...

Hello from Sedo,

Thank you for participating at Sedo's Parking-Programme ! We've detected some abnormal behaviour with your parked domains while doing a routine check on domains. Your traffic does not conform with typical rates. We would like to know where this volume of traffic has come from, as both Sedo and our advertising partner are concerned about users abusing the parking programme.

We would like to make sure that the traffic generated by your domain(s) does not contravene the Terms and Conditions of the parking programme. Such contraventions would include, but are not exclusive to

* clicking yourself
* using scripts or other automatic means to generate clicks
* using pop-ups
* incentivized clicks
* anything that does not result from natural traffic

If you can provide an explanation for why your domains are receiving such high traffic statistics, that would be helpful for us, and for our advertising partner. Should we deem future traffic to be in breach of the terms and conditions of our parking service, we will withhold the revenue and block you from the parking programme. Your revenue will be noted down in our system. If you can rectify the traffic, we may pay out the revenue during the next month.

This email is not stating that you are contravening, or have contravened, the terms of use, it is merely a response to regular checks on the way the service is used. Any information you can give us will aid us in assessing the situation and will be held on file for future reference.

Please respond to this e-mail by the evening of Tuesday, the 3rd of May. If you should not answer by this date, we will withhold the revenue until your traffic is satisfactorily justified.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Ed Russell
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have recieved the same email.I emailed them back and am waiting for a response.
Aside from adding more and better traffic names to my account,I've done nothing different from past months.My revenue this month is higher than it's ever been by 50%which is probably why they targeted me.
All of my names actually have fairly low traffic compared to most people's portfolios.I recently registered and added one name that gets 1500-2000 uniques a day--which is MUCH higher than all my other traffic names and spiked my revenue (obviously).
I guess auditing here and there is to be expected, but I and most of the people who got the mail did nothing wrong.Also,it doesn't seem fair that they only give you one day to respond before witholding your revenue..

silenced

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
murat friend :) dont worry i think you will get your money good luck

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recieved one of those email last night. I have some of my domains listed on my website as for sale so that generates the traffic. I replied to the email last night, how long does Sedo normally take to come back to you?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If You clicked yourself, then You will not get the money

lilian

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received the same Email. waiting for their reply

"Also,it doesn't seem fair that they only give you one day to respond before witholding your revenue.."

Agree. If you happened not check email that day.
It's unfair

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've not been clicking myself or asked anyone else to click. I have just listed them as for sale (mostly adult domains) on my Adult Forum's Portal, that's where the hits are coming from.

Hopefully will hear from Sedo soon.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact Sedo considers you guilty until you prove yourself innocent is a really bad move on their part. I've considered using Sedo parking, but posts like this will prevent me from giving them a chance.

I have some domains with an 80%+ click rate due to highly targeted traffic...and never once has any of the other PPC companies complained about high click rates...not to mention withholding my revenue.

Sedo will never get the big traffic domainers with stunts like this.

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the same email on 04/05/2005.

I immediately asked for clarification, and on 04/14/2005 Sedo provided me with a list of three "offending" domains whose statistics showed "traffic spikes" that Sedo believed had been caused by "promotional traffic", which they do not allow.

The same day, I responded with my interpretation of the traffic spikes (changing DNS servers, testing different domain hosting services, etc.). I never heard from them again.

On 04/18/2005, I again asked for a response, and further asked Sedo to clarify whether I would actually get paid or not, as their original email was ambiguous enough to raise some doubts whether they were planning to withhold ALL revenue or just revenue generated by the "offending" domains.

On 04/22/2005, I resent the above email, again asking for a response.

On 04/29/2005, I resent the above email, again asking for a response.

During this period, I gradually moved all my remaining domains away from Sedo.

Sedo is a great company. Sadly, it seems to be very difficult to get anything other than form emails out of them. Quite often, these form emails seem insensitive, ambiguous, and besides the point. Maybe it's the cultural difference, or maybe they are growing so quickly that providing a personal response to each email they receive is simply impossible. I'm quite sure they are losing some clients because of this.

Even though I like the Sedo interface better, I'm now using Fabulous because I'm getting better results with most domains there. Also, their customer service is excellent, and up to now I never had to wait more than 24 hours for a concise and clear-cut response to my questions.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there,

I'd just like to post here that I am currently working through every single reply to our parking fake mail sent to UK / International customers individually. My colleagues in the other teams are doing the same. We consider every single reply carefully and will not withhold revenue unless we are very sure that someone has cheated.
We do not do this arbitrarily, we do this every month to ensure that the quality of the traffic we send to Google is of the highest quality. You would not believe some of the things I have seen while doing the checks today. A lot of people will try a lot of dirty tricks to cheat parking programs. By carrying out these checks, we try to guarantee that we maintain a good working relationship with Google and they with their advertisers which means we can maintain a good working relationship with our customers.
It is sadly the fact that some innocent people do get caught up in the net while we are looking for fakers. We consider every case individually and, if you have nothing to hide, we have nothing against paying out.
I can only apologise to anyone who feels that they have been treated unfairly by receiving this email. If your traffic is bona fide, then your parking account will not be affected in any way. It may feel that you are 'guilty until proven innocent', but the tone of the email simply reflects the fact that we are extremely dedicated to providing the best parking service possible and will not allow any malpractice. Like I said, a simple reply stating where your traffic originates will settle the matter in our eyes.
I apologise again for anyone who feels hard done by. Just send an email to your Sedo rep and it'll be cleared up pronto.
Thanks for your co-operation,

Ed

wildwil

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have moved all my names away from sedo and it was the best move for me. I wish I had done it sooner. After my own personal horrific experience and reading the horror stories of others I know I made the right decision. I will never be able to trust them again.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ed.I sent two emails back detailing my two unusually high traffic domains right after I received the email.Will we hear back from you or Jay in an email regarding this or will we simply receive our payment on time as a sign everything went ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom