Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo removes commentary restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It appears that Sedo has removed commentary restrictions. A rather insulting comment - "get real!" - made it as a counter-offer to one of my domains; to which I responded appropriately. :D

This leads me to believe that my other post about a database loss was right on money. Seems that Sedo is tweaking their system.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What kind of restrictions were there except putting in your email address or asking a potential buyer to contact you directly?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can now confirm the restrictions have been removed.

My response to the lowballer smartass was:

Why don't you 1) learn some manners 2) learn about how the domain market works 3) find yourself a hobby.

After which, the idiot who offered $60 for Cosmetic.org cancelled the transaction. So the good news is, we can now negotiate more freely with a potential buyer - and even tell off tire-kickers quicker :D

What kind of restrictions were there except putting in your email address or asking a potential buyer to contact you directly?

Sedo used to delay each comment's release by 24 hours, manually approving each comment.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo used to delay each comment's release by 24 hours, manually approving each comment.

Ahh! That's great! Weekends really sucked with that. Thanks for telling me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure if this is going to last! I plan to abuse the power of my frustrated commentator fury! :D

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think its good that they seem to be more liberal on comments, I understand that sending the email is not ok, but like Arco said "get real" or even stronger language for people trying to steal 3 letter.coms for $1000

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually it was the bidder who sent "Get real!" to my counter-offer. My response followed, what with me being elated by the newly found freedom of expression on Sedo :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Next time remind me to use the "F.U" initials to save time :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Now that's an idea! Sedo should make a list of domain insults handy in a drop-down menu when negotiating, for example:

"Yo momma!"
"Is this in dolla or in pesos, Rockefella?"
"Eat my grits, I won't sell till you beg for it"
"My phone number is in the WHOIS, idiot!"
"I hear your sister does it for cheaper"
"I'll give you my crusty underwear for it"
"Hahaha! Just listed on CrapDomains.com"

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this is going to last! I plan to abuse the power of my frustrated commentator fury! :D
It appears to of ended :

Under Review

The other party has made a comment with this offer, which Sedo is now reviewing and will display within 1 business day.

jim

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah that ended fast, along with the bare minimum tech support. Called Sedo on Friday about a stalled transaction that's clocked now 10 days; Sarah answered the phone and forwarded my call to Ara's (?) voicemail as she was on the phone with another party. I don't know how you people do business, but I return calls as soon as my ongoing call ends. Heard nothing back.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah that ended fast,
just noticed its back on...4 instantly displayed comments between seller/buyer(potential) :) ..
unless someone paid 69.00 $US and I'm dealing with a broker then I imagine there's no reason to review the comments :?:

jim

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I didn't get a clear answer from Sedo; it seems several factors are involved, maybe Pro accounts and verified buyers etc. Not going to test it like I did last time with that little contest :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I didn't get a clear answer from Sedo; it seems several factors are involved, maybe Pro accounts and verified buyers etc. Not going to test it like I did last time with that little contest :D

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

So true..I just commented to another offer and..Your comment is currently under review by Sedo Staff and will be displayed within 1 business day.

:rolleyes:

jim

S

SedoCoUk

Just to clarify, comment check was never removed. Most comments are cleared through within 24 hours, but sometimes, they may be cleared through much quicker than that.

The comment check is necessary to ensure the anonymity of the marketplace, which is one of the underlying principles of our company. Contact information including email address, phone number, and/or one's full name is not permitted. Also, as you all know, the comment check is currently necessary to safeguard against rude or vulgar language interupting the natural flow of domain negotiations.

Hope this clarifies!

Monica

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monica,

The problem is that buyers/sellers do not wait for comments to be approved... from my experience they will counter-offer or even close the bid thread before the comments are cleared. So clearly the delay doesn't help, it actually interferes with our transactions.
If I make a comment along with a counter-offer and the potential buyer only sees the price then the benefit of my personalized comment is lost.

Also, it's obvious that people use Sedo because they like the convenience of anonymous bidding (so they can even lawball you without losing face...). That's why most offers on my domains come from Sedo.
IMO it is unlikely that users are looking to exchange personal information.
If people leak some private data either intentionally or by mistake then you may have an edge and it's their problem after all :-/ Not all Sedo users are good negociators anyway.

The whole purpose is not to hide but reach a sale.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this system is not internet time compliant,
you should approve comments not in real time but close enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom