Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Revenue Tanking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yikes! , almost every click in my acct today and yesterday only .03 per click, clearly some sort of problem in reporting.

Anyone else have this problem?

kslup

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is sedo...

hahaha...

pathetic CPC.....
i donot think that it is a reporting problem.
I have many many clicks that gives $0.03-0.05..

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, something strange is happening there. Revenue went down approx. 30 % daily, :(

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kslup said:
That is sedo...

hahaha...

pathetic CPC.....
i donot think that it is a reporting problem.
I have many many clicks that gives $0.03-0.05..

Not talking about the normal low clicks , I am talking about domains that were getting .15 to .50 daily clicks now getting .03 for every click today and yesterday.

Jay can you PM me?

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo revenue totally dropped to me.

There is something everyone can try:

Open one of your domains (WITHOUT clicking anything!)

Take note and count every advertiser

In the search box, search for the SAME word you're using

It happens to me that the same keyword is getting less advertiser and lower CPC, but if i search for that keyword from the domain, old, high paying advertisers come back again.

Conclusion? Moved some domains to another PPC in order to save my revenue. :dead:

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This problem has been happening for me for the last 60hrs... My revenue dropped way down to 60% due to the CPC drop... I've been receiving an average of €0.12 CPC but now, it's only €0.04 CPC.... This is very dissapointing... :(

To Sedo;

Is there any problem or is this "normal"??

kslup

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sigh..

with this.. the question of which is the best parking service circles around and around in my mind......

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've read on other forums that premuim keyword clicks also gets this €0.3 CPC... really BAD!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My RPC on Sedo and DS is about 1/3 lower than usually, so might be Google problem...

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True.

Sedo, TC and DS. Mine dropped too.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Todays info is that I've got dramatic reduction in revenue, over 90%, ops. Also in traffic what is not possible but ...hmmm. Would appreciate some Sedo announcement about the situation (I've got all my domains pointed to Sedo nameservers but not just forwarded).

S

SedoCoUk

Hello I recieved a few enquiries about this so I asked our tech team to look into this issue and they have just gotten back to me.

About 2 and a half months ago we mistakenly started paying for a lot of traffic from geo regions outside of the US, the UK and Germany as if it were coming from these countries. This lead to a jump in revenue for people with domains receiving a lot of traffic from say, Asia or South America at around that same time.

Of course this wasn't a sustainable practice on our end since the bids from Advertisers in those regions just isn't on par with those in the more competitive regions and we had to restore our ppc for traffic coming from outside the US, the UK and Germany to thier original values.

Two months is definitely a long time and I know the change must have come as a jolt to many of you.

Please pm me if you have any other specific questions about your account or the origins of your traffic.

Jay
[email protected]

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding Jay.....the parties over eh..:(

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the contrary.. this only shows that SEDO are actually on par with the other parking programs.. last 2 months were a false sense of security for most of us.. what with this announcement it has helped me make some decisions..

I do find it very strange that around the same time SEDOs revenue spiked was the same time a certain other Parking Program was launched.

This sort of stuff really does "P" me off... my revenue is back to what it was 3 months ago even though hundreds of domains have been added since...

You would think someone would of informed us about this issue instead of having to read it in a reply to someone elses question.. personally I think this is a HUGE issue.. and further demonstrates a programs ability to TWEAK..

You just cant trust anyone...

Is this just a case of Matt Needing a new boat?

S

SedoCoUk

Lol,

You have a way with words but no.

There was a technical error that we had to correct.

Really there are very few parking companies paying for traffic coming from Asia, the Mid East, South America and Eastern Europe as well as North American, Australian and Western European Traffic.

Jay
[email protected]

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well its all BS Jay...

2 months.. hmm you would think someone noticed this issue before then.. and if not then thats just as worrying..

That old chestnut with few parking programs pay for international traffic is limited to the likes of DomainHop and other less than mediocre programs. The truth of the matter is that any program worth its salt uses an international feed provider, and now that google has negotiated with the Chinese Government on restrictions you can expect too see a huge increase in AsiaPacific Advertising, as every man and his dogs fights for a piece of the Chinese Market..

S

SedoCoUk

I understand this was jolt to you Namestrands but the fact is we had to bring our ppc in line with reality and our miscalculation has only put more revenue in the hands of those affected.

I think you're right about the value of traffic from Asian Pacific countries. We should be in the best position to make the most out of an advertising boom in that part of the globe.

Jay
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom