Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo running ads on their site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the right column on most pages, Sedo has an ad block running.

I have seen ads for the following companies

NICline.com
Dotster.com
1 and 1

I mean really. Are things that bad at Sedo that they have to show banner ads?

They are either cost per thousand impression ads or affiliate ads and makes the WHOLE site look lame.

Why would a huge company so advertisements encouraging people to click out of their site?

Makes no sense to me and actually scares me a bit about Sedo's business model and financial well being and brand.

As a customer, I want my potential buyers to stay on Sedo as long as possible and not click out. After all, we domain owners are the ones paying Sedo with our commissions.

As I write this I am even more disturbed by the decision to show ads. This is obviously a senior management decision.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They advertise their own group of companies ads. Ads that belong to United Internet. Scroll down and look at the footer of Sedo's homepage, you will know and see that.

Sedo can be called as 1and1's sister concern :)

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. They and 1and1 are German companies so I guess that makes sense but if Sedo is in any way involved with 1and1, I'm running for the hills.

Another black mark against Sedo if you ask me.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they also run hosting competitors - including dotster, who isn't a part of UI, while 1and1 is

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Everyone,

To answer the question regarding Sedo's banner ads, as a website that reaches thousands of people a day, Sedo offers related companies the opportunity to advertise on our pages. These ads are limited to specific areas of the site, are geographically targeted, and are positioned to avoid distracting from any of the services offered on our site. By accepting advertisements from companies offering services relevant to Sedo customers, we're allowed to keep our prices as low as possible while delivering the best domain services available.

I hope this clarifies!

Thanks,
Monica

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom