Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo sales contract? should I use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a sale pending at Sedo, wondering if it's wise to use the sales contract or not, I've never used any sales contracts before with any of my domain sales, and this is my first Sedo sale. Necessary, or not?
The sale is high $xxx if that matters.

nas7782

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind the small comission, the process should be smooth depending on the registrars involve. For me, Sedo customer service was fantastic considering it was only a mid $xxx sale.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt it really matters in regards to the sale, but be aware using the Sedo "contract" may cause delay due to the additional interaction required by the other party, especially if the contract has to be exchanged via post.

Ron

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would not use the contract version for anything under $10,000.00
it will result in a big delay.
you are safe either way, because you do have a binding contract, the 'other' one is just a written and signed version that has to go back and forth by fax.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had my sale complete in 7 days from start to finish.. The sale was for $500.. I think it was well worth the time..

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may have gotten confused here.
I understand we are talking about using Sedo either way right?
Sedo has 2 ways. One is the normail electronic contract, and the other is the printed version which needs to be signed by both parties and either posted or faxed.
My previous post was regarding the use of the second method.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there,
We highly recommend using our online contract rather than the written contract. The online contract takes absolutely no time out of the transaction at all as it is done at the touch of a button. We do require that buyers and sellers use the contract for the protection of both parties. If you are a bona fide seller or buyer, then there is nothing at all to 'fear' from signing the contract.
Contact me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

I recently reached an agreement for a domain sale on Sedo; the buyer required a written contract. Even though I have nothing against a written contract, I was offered no option to reject having a contract, as the seller.

Perhaps you need to borrow some functionality from Escrow.com where the terms are negotiated upon at the beginning.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The contract protects only the buyer; the seller if left dangling in the wind for an unspecified amount of time, which makes it a very poor contract. In fact the buyer can simply not pay at all and Sedo will continue to keep them as a customer, as you can see in my other thread.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If I read the contract correctly, 4 weeks is the max that the sale can be left hanging.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ten days from reach of agreement to remmitance of payment, including an exchange of written contract. Not bad :-D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Received payment today, a total of 15 days since negotiations started - including fedexing contracts. I am pleased, despite the draconian 10% fee ;)

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice Time .. Good Job RADiSTAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom