Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Slashes Domain Commission Fees 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

5starAffiliates

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"The cost of selling your domain name just got lower. Leading domain name marketplace Sedo.com announced that they are slashing minimum commission fees by 50%. Effective immediately, the commission on domain sales in most common extensions (.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.at/.ch/de/.us) starts at just $50.

Sedo’s commission fees include payment processing, a secure escrow service, and personal assistance with every stage of the domain’s transfer, all at no extra cost."

Read the press release here:
http://www.sedo.co.uk/links/showhtml.php3?Id=946&language=e

I thought this was good news!

Also just started using their new Keyword optimization for parked pages. AWESOME!

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an ongoing transaction with sedo and just paid the fee on the $100 basis, wondering if when will they refund me the spare $50 ?

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good news for crappy domains.

everything else stays the same.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an ongoing transaction with sedo and just paid the fee on the $100 basis, wondering if when will they refund me the spare $50 ?

Doubt it but you can try :)

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All its gonna change is being flooded with $50 offers instead of the old $100 minimum.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Linda,

I hoped to announce this to DNF users as well, but you have scooped me on my own promotion! :cheeky:

Anyway, here's the "rest of the story": A few weeks ago we conducted a user survey to find out what people thought we could do to make Sedo a more valuable resource for the domain community. The number one suggestion that people made was lower fees! People felt that a $100 minimum fee cut into profits too much for low-value domain sales.

So, for all of you who asked for it, we've cut our minimum price in half! You can now sell a domain for just $150, and still take home a respectable $100. It's also important to note that the $50 includes processing of the buyer's payment, our secure escrow service, technical assistance with the domain's transfer, and processing of the payment sent to the seller-- fees that are *not* always included at competing domain sites. If you add up the cost of these value-added services, you find that closing through Sedo is really the cheapest possible option (assuming you want to protect yourself with some sort of escrow service).

Our goal with the new lower fees is two-fold:

1) Improve sellers' profit margins on low-value domain sales, thus increasing the volume of domains sold.

2) Make it feasible for buyers and sellers to protect themselves against the risk of fraud or technical error by making our escrow/ transfer service available at a price economical enough for even low-value sales. (You don't need to sell your domain through Sedo to use our escrow/ transfer service.)

Wishing you all many happy sales,

Matt Bentley
CEO
Sedo.com

5starAffiliates said:
"The cost of selling your domain name just got lower. Leading domain name marketplace Sedo.com announced that they are slashing minimum commission fees by 50%. Effective immediately, the commission on domain sales in most common extensions (.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.at/.ch/de/.us) starts at just $50.

Sedo’s commission fees include payment processing, a secure escrow service, and personal assistance with every stage of the domain’s transfer, all at no extra cost."

Read the press release here:
http://www.sedo.co.uk/links/showhtml.php3?Id=946&language=e

I thought this was good news!

Also just started using their new Keyword optimization for parked pages. AWESOME!

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question:

With parking, would you only have to pay the escrow fees (3%) if the buyer comes from there, that would be something "enticing" to use the parking there..

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had few offers in the $100-$200 rang in the past which I rejected. Now I might consider same offers. Good for me, good for sedo.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesonline said:

Yeah! I recently closed a sale at sedo as well.
I didn't mind the fee of $100.00, because the profit was still higher than most resellers' offers!

This is an excellent marketing strategy IMO,for sedo to cut fees and still retain the same or better services!

Thanks

5starAffiliates

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Sorry I "scooped you on your own promotion!"

As soon as I read the press realease I decided to post the news on the "Domain Game" forum I mod over at WebProWorld, so as long as I was at it decided to post it everywhere. I think I hit at least 5 other forums. I love to share good domain news and am extremely happy with Sedo's service so was happy to spread the word.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Linda,

No problem! I am glad to see that you are so happy with Sedo's services and enthusiastic enough to spread the good word around. Usually, I only see people posting about Sedo on forums when our server has been down! :emba:

We will be doing our best to continue improving the site and our services, so by all means if you have any suggestions about how we may be able to better help you, please send them directly to me at [email protected].

I hope you're enjoying the long weekend!

Best regards,

Matt Bentley
CEO
Sedo.com

5starAffiliates said:
Hi Matt,

Sorry I "scooped you on your own promotion!"

As soon as I read the press realease I decided to post the news on the "Domain Game" forum I mod over at WebProWorld, so as long as I was at it decided to post it everywhere. I think I hit at least 5 other forums. I love to share good domain news and am extremely happy with Sedo's service so was happy to spread the word.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In one way it is a good idea. It means that more transactions might be down at Sedo
for buyers, sellers and Sedo.

The bad news is that more lesser quality names will start flooding their database
to the point were a good name will be lost in the field of "weeds".

S

SedoCoUk

actnow said:
In one way it is a good idea. It means that more transactions might be down at Sedo
for buyers, sellers and Sedo.

The bad news is that more lesser quality names will start flooding their database
to the point were a good name will be lost in the field of "weeds".

Hi ActNow,

Actually, we consider "flooding the database" with new domains to be a good thing-- one of our goals is to create a complete database of domain names for sale, as this can then be offered to registrars and other partners who wish to integrate this database into our search function.

As for making it easier to find the good domains, that can be a challenge, but that's why we have our editorially-selected Top Domains list, and a "smart search" function that sorts domains by quality (it's not perfect, but we're working on it!).

Of course, we do hope that it will lead to more sales as well.

Matt

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's a strong move. $50 is still a deterrent to listing real rubbish, but at least it means that the 10% "cutoff" point moves to $500 rather than its original $1,000 point. In other words, you only have to get a $500 offer to "reduce" the sale commission to its 10% floor.

BTW, hope your team will process the Beta domain parking optimisation settings soon - am eager to see what a difference that makes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom