Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Speaks your language!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Sedo are proud to announce that we have improved our domain parking service even further! Again.

Sedo is already seen as the world's favourite parking provider thanks to our geo-targeted parked pages coupled with Google's vast range of worldwide advertisements in just about every language you can think of.

Not only satisfied with providing highly effective advertising on our customers' parked pages, we have redesigned our landing pages so the information is provided in 20 different languages. That's right, 20. Name the top 20 languages in the world, and Sedo most likely has a landing page in that language! In fact, this means that now 95% of the world's Internet users will view the pages in a language they speak!

From now on, your Sedo parked pages will have a dropdown menu in the top right of the screen so viewers can choose their language. Feel free to try it out and see how people in, say, Turkey or Brazil would see your page. Remember, because of the geo-targeting, the ads themselves won't change, just the text around the content. This new development means that your earnings from parking will be maximized by combining Sedo's landing pages in 20 languages with Google''s advertisements in countless other languages

In addition to this, not only will the page itself be shown in the visitor's language, but the title of the page will also be shown in that language in search engine results, improving your domains' SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and, thus, your earnings.

We're pleased to be able to improve our service further and look forward to hearing any feedback you have on the new layout to [email protected]

Ed

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ed: great new addition, thanks! could that section however be a little more distinct and larger?? the colors for the drop down seemed to blend in with the background and i am not sure that everyone is going to see it.

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well done.
Hope it helps...
I am assuming the landing page language can be selected from the Control Panel....

Keep up the good work !

S

SedoCoUk

Just one thing I forgot to mention, CEO:

The landing page is naturally selected automatically depending on where the visitor is viewing the page from. This means that someone in Barcelona viewing your site will see it automatically in Spanish and someone in Rio will see it in Portuguese. The dropdown menu is simply there to allow users to change if the language they speak is not the language of the country they're in - So David Hasselhof can still view the parked pages in English when he's on tour in Germany! Phew.
Mark, the dropdown is unobtrusive on purpose so that it doesn't detract from the main point of the parked page - i.e. to get people to click on the links.

Let's hope it has a great impact on your stats!

Ed

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, i saw it also includes Greek in the for sale part and title.
well done.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this extends to the ads as well, but your interface language detection logic is a bit weird. I'm browsing from Japan but my OS is English Windows XP. I should therefore see an English-language interface when I visit a Sedo-parked domain, but instead I'm shown a Japanese language page...

I'm not saying 100% of sites follow the pattern, but generally most sites seem to adopt a "location unless beaten by system settings" approach to working out what language and content to serve to visitors.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a good move, but I don't understand while many others, like e.g. Fantastico, are hiring HUMANS to translate and localize their interface, Sedo still resort to machine (software) translation, at least for Chinese??

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there Nameslave,

I'd just like to reassure you that our translations were carrried out by 100% humans. The automatic part comes when choosing which of the humanly translated texts appear on the parked page! If you find any mistakes with the texts, then please contact [email protected] with any corrections you may want to suggest.

Edwin, the pages are generated depending on IP address rather than operating system.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Ed

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
It's a good move, but I don't understand while many others, like e.g. Fantastico, are hiring HUMANS to translate and localize their interface, Sedo still resort to machine (software) translation, at least for Chinese??

Not many Chinese in Germany perhaps? ; )
But I get your point. There is really a lot of Chinese traffic (specially with Mike) that needs to be better monetized, and a bit of work on the Ad page can do wonders to revenue.

Edwin, your comment is interesting.
By the looks of what you are saying I think they have only resorted to IP based language choice, which imho would probably create volatility in the rev. as compared to the past.

Let's wait and watch.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi there Nameslave,

I'd just like to reassure you that our translations were carrried out by 100% humans. The automatic part comes when choosing which of the humanly translated texts appear on the parked page! If you find any mistakes with the texts, then please contact [email protected] with any corrections you may want to suggest.
Thanks for the reply, Ed. I have no further comments, because a) I have to charge for translation jobs, and b) I'm usually a nice guy and wouldn't mess with it when people are just trying to make a living. It doesn't mean that I am retracting my previous comment though, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom