Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

sedo staff still on holiday???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see sedo are continuing 2007 as they left 2006.
That's 3 sedo brokers i have mailed over past few days. Not one reply.
3 outstanding domains to be paid for, not a dickybird! :upset:
You've had plenty oftime to work through emails, what has happened to sedo? Why are you in such a mess?
Answers on a postcard please :smilewinkgrin:
Predator

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard back from them in over a week

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It took them a month to answer my email, and only because I took action.
For a month I did not have control over a domain I purchased through Sedo, because they made a mistake in the transfer, a problem which took only minutes to solve. One month delay is about 8% of one year, so that means I am missing 8% of yearly revenue for that domain.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My opinion of the company is at rock bottom. I have done much buying & selling through them, however i normally need to nursemaid them through transactions both as the buyer & seller.
For me sedo has two employees worth a wage.
Oh to be the ceo i would kick some serious arse!
Predator :lol:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thankyou Oliver!
That's one of the brokers who has got in touch with me!
Pred

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's now Jan 3...

I made payment on an auction I won last week - NO ACTION TAKEN
Payment past due on sales made in December - NO ACTION TAKEN
I have demanded the 'certified buyer' documents on deadbeat buyers from November - NO ACTION TAKEN

No response to emails on any of the above for up to 3 weeks.

This is a good example of how NOT to run a company... ignore your buyers AND your sellers, then go on weeks long vacations!

S

SedoCoUk

Hey guys,

I understand that you are frustrated with the delay in response time, and I do apologize for this. If you have an issue that requires immediate attention, please email me directly at [email protected] and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sara

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sara -

If your company is involved in doing any kind of ESCROW, you need to be handling payment transactions THE SAME DAY. Waiting until the next 'business day' is minimally excusable, but becoming less so on the internet.

Waiting a week or more to process financial transactions is ENTIRELY INEXCUSABLE, and leads to questions about the company's management ability and solvency.

Is there a problem we should know about? Has there been a bankruptcy filing, firing of staff, or departure of executives that we should know about?

You are sitting on our money -- we deserve answers.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so is not answering a question about my auction before it ended...its too late now, thanks sedo

S

SedoCoUk

Sara -

If your company is involved in doing any kind of ESCROW, you need to be handling payment transactions THE SAME DAY. Waiting until the next 'business day' is minimally excusable, but becoming less so on the internet.

Waiting a week or more to process financial transactions is ENTIRELY INEXCUSABLE, and leads to questions about the company's management ability and solvency.

Is there a problem we should know about? Has there been a bankruptcy filing, firing of staff, or departure of executives that we should know about?

You are sitting on our money -- we deserve answers.

Hi JuniperPark,

I apologize for the issue you are having with domain escrow, but if you could either PM me or reply to this post with the domain name that is being transferred, I will be happy to help you out as best as I can.

Sara

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sara -

You've completely missed the point. Sedo's "nobody home" policy is not just holding up one escrow transaction, I have both buy AND sell transactions in progress, as well as waiting for followups on 2 of your deadbeat "certified buyers".

I'm there to buy and sell domain names. If you're going to piss of my potential BUYERS I'm trying to sell to, as well as potential SELLERS I'm trying to buy from, then we have no use for Sedo -- it's a liability and a time waster, rather than a company to facilitate transactions.

3 business days have now passed since the extended holidays were over. WHERE IS THE SEDO STAFF????

Seriously --- this has "bankrupt company" written all over it.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would think a company who hails to be the #1 Domain Parking Company, would realise that the Internet is 24/7 365; domainers dont take holidays in generating SEDO revenue so the opposite should be the same.

Know your market and the people who work in that market.

I can phone my bank at 4am and transfer funds, I can call out a plumber at any time, the same should be true with SEDO.

I on occasion work through till the wee hours in the morning (UK Time) and I can be sure if I send an email to ED at NameDrive, Donny at Parked or to the girls at Trafficz, I get a response within the hour and a resolution within 12.

You have offices in Europe and the Americas, surely its reasonable to have at least 18 hours of the day covered.

Most of us dont take off weekends or holidays, SEDO is not a Civil Service its a public one... your business should reflect the needs of your customers and not the needs of your staff.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try telling the Sedo employees that their salary/wages etc will be delayed because staff are on holiday or the bank transfer took 10 days- see what they think of that!

It is what you are doing to us!

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Sara,

I would like to personally thank you and all the Sedo staff!

I started out in this business as a domainer and with no aspirations beyond selling domains, your company though has shown me that there is a hell of a lot more to domaining than just buying and selling domain names and the odd crumb thrown by your company in parking revenue!

Over the past week I have earned more from my domains and few sites than I did in the whole of the previous year through parking at Sedo!

Another puzzle that you might want to consider is how comes I sell three times as many domains through direct contact than I do through Sedo? The answer may have something to do with the stupid, idiotic, and indeed insulting system of delaying counter-offers by having comments scrutinized by a member of Sedo staff!

To finish off with I guess I should wish a couple of you, and I do only mean a couple, all the best in finding new jobs in the very near future.

Yours truly,

Bill

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Sara,

I would like to personally thank you and all the Sedo staff!

I started out in this business as a domainer and with no aspirations beyond selling domains, your company though has shown me that there is a hell of a lot more to domaining than just buying and selling domain names and the odd crumb thrown by your company in parking revenue!

Over the past week I have earned more from my domains and few sites than I did in the whole of the previous year through parking at Sedo!

Another puzzle that you might want to consider is how comes I sell three times as many domains through direct contact than I do through Sedo? The answer may have something to do with the stupid, idiotic, and indeed insulting system of delaying counter-offers by having comments scrutinized by a member of Sedo staff!

To finish off with I guess I should wish a couple of you, and I do only mean a couple, all the best in finding new jobs in the very near future.

Yours truly,

Bill
This is classic!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I agree the delays in comments can be frustrating it's not the biggest issue IMO.
Their so-called certification program is pointless.
If I were not already verified at Sedo through previous transactions I would probably attempt direct contact with owner rather than go through the hassle.

Maybe it's just me but I still get more offers via Sedo than direct contact. I guess buyers like the convenience of anonymous bidding.

What you need to keep in mind is that Sedo started as a platform for buying and selling domains, parking & optimization is not their core business unlike PPC companies like ND or DS for example. I still think they have done a good job but need to improve in certain areas including payout rates.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a good job at what exactly?

You can not excuse them by stating that Parking is not their core Business When SEDOPRO hails to be the #1 Parking Program according to SEDO.

And Certain Areas like "PAYOUT RATEs".. as a domainer I think Payout Rates are by far the most important issue above all else.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well... time to step up the email campaign I guess. I just sent this to Sedo to try to inspire to them to do their job:

---------
Dear Sedo:

On December 30, 2006, I won the auction for VCT.INFO. Within hours of auction closing, I made full payment via credit card.

It is now January 8, 2007, and the transaction status still shows no record of payment, while the billing screen correctly indicates I have paid. Two previous emails asking that this be corrected and the domain name transferred to me have been ignored.

FINAL NOTICE: If this situation is not corrected and the process of domain ownership change is not started within 48 hours of this email, I assume that Sedo has defaulted on this transaction, and I will file a chargeback with my credit card company and make payment directly to the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom