Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo support: does it exist anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karter9977

I bought a name on sedo and right after the agreement was reached, I got an automatic email from my transfer consultant.

I emailed the transfer consultant about an hour later asking about the payment options. I waited a couple days and nothing, so I just paid via paypal.

They noted under my transactions that they received payment so I asked a question about the transfer and no response of course either.

The domain has been in their account for about a week now and no word from them, im not transfering the name to another registrar so I dont know whats going on and they dont respond.

I might just be impatient but i dont think they know much about customer service.

Steve

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not only you Steve, it's Sedo. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. In so many different ways, from selling to buying they are practically non-existent. Maybe they don't like people from CT since their HQ is in Mass? :)

K

karter9977

lol maybe me and you should take a trip up to their HQ.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol maybe me and you should take a trip up to their HQ.

Ok, but we can't cross state lines with weapons so let's get them in Mass. :lol:

My weapon of choice will be a keyboard and mouse for Sedo's customer service department. They will be shocked to see this new technology. Should be an easy win for CT.

K

karter9977

hahaha

my weapon of choice will be a telephone (one that works ofcourse) lol

I just got an update from Tom here on DNF. I must say he is pretty quick with getting answers.

Thanks Tom,

Steve

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has it ever existed? Search Sedo Support on this forum and there are 100s of thread saying the same thing. I think they only have about 2 or 3 people there, one being Tom and Gregg Bois trying to handle a large volume of transactions getting paid $12/hour. Do what we all do...dont use Sedo. Find a domain you like and find their information in the whois.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can this Tom contact me also?

I am still waitting someone respond me about how to can make a Paypal mass payment to Sedo to avoid the Paypal fee, and pay in US dollars no Euros.
I also contacted them through email, through their help interface and even through the french contact I know with no luck.
Won auction still not paid for this reason.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can this Tom contact me also?

I am still waitting someone respond me about how to can make a Paypal mass payment to Sedo to avoid the Paypal fee, and pay in US dollars no Euros.
I also contacted them through email, through their help interface and even through the french contact I know with no luck.
Won auction still not paid for this reason.

Try sending a PM here on DNF to the user sedocouk. They are usually quick to reply.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone wonders why 9/10 people do not pay through Sedo, maybe 1 or 2 of those people are deadbeats but the other ones probably cant pay or cant contact their rep...

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok with SedoUK I am burnt I think as they never responded to any of my PM for years...
Result of the time I was allways complaining about he bad SEDO support.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I closed 3 sales last week, each one had a separate issue that needed to be taken care of. I found that this approach works wonders:

1. Respond to each notification email by explaining exactly what you did at that step. E.g. "Domain xxxxx.com was pushed to the Sedo account, abc123, with GoDaddy."

2. Keep a personal, friendly relationship with the Sedo personnel and the agent that handles your transaction.

3. Call Sedo's offices as needed, to ensure a transaction's status is updated the same day. E.g. if you paid for or pushed a domain, give them a call at the closest location to you. Your agent might be in Germany or the UK but if you are in the US call the US office; they have the ability to sync transactions.

4. Give them credit when credit is due; they are people that have jobs like everybody else.

5. For the most part, avoid PMing them on forums, especially for support matters.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have never had a problem with Sedo, I have had great support, but their relationship with 1and1.com is getting stronger, and I think 1and1 has the worse reputation among registers . Just 2 cents worth ...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I expanded a bit on these points and made a new blog post :D

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's what I did with no success:
Emailed Elsa, posted in their online site support and even deseperated posted a post in my own french domainers forum in the secion that is supposed to be visited by Sedo staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom