Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo too succesful to care any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a proposal I sent to Sedo:

Brokerage Proposal. www.TajMahal.co.in/default.asp

I will be putting up the whole package of .co.in / .in
domain names for sale and will be seeking broker(s)to act on my behalf.

There are over 490 names most of which are premium, take your time and scroll
through the full list of names.

http://www.tajmahal.co.in/Completelistofnames.html

I think this will have the potential to be a very high value sale, I envisage
well in excess of $250,000 to the right buyer.

Think of it, the eventual purchaser will have control of a very large
proportion of the .co.in / .in domain market.

The OV search count alone for these names is in excess of 100,000,000 for last
month.

I have yet to decide whether to make it an excusive or open brokerage or
possibly a private auction at such as ebay.com

If you consider you may be able to offer your services I would be grateful for
expressions of interest so that I may determine the best course of action to
optimize the sale price.

Best regards,

Jeff Williams
Owner & CEO www.TajMahal.co.in

Expressions of interest to [email protected]

This is the reply I received!

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting me. Currently, co.in domains cannot be offered for sale through Sedo. However you will be able to .in domains. Maybe at some point we will update our system to accommodate a larger number of country code sub-domains. I would recommend listing your .in domains on Sedo, we are the largest domain market with tens of thousands of visitors daily, thus increasing your chance of a successful sale. To get started please visit: http://www.sedo.com/member/newaccount.php3?language=us&partnerid=15095

In addition I always offer these suggestions to people serious about selling their domains.

1. Park your domain to generate traffic statistics and point prospective buyers to your offer page

2. Update the admin contact information listed in the WhoIs and point prospective buyers to your offer page creating a critical mass of competing offers.

3. Promote the domains
Updated the description field of the domains offer page to include commercial applications
Change the categories the domain is listed in, to reach the correct audience
Showcase the domain to increase their visibility: http://www.sedo.com/shop/?language=us&productid=1110&partnerid=15095

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best Regards, :huh:

This proposal was not even looked at and I got a bog standard reply. Even the first line was incorrect as they do accept .co.in for sale/parking. :mad:

I can't believe that MB would not be interested in this!!!

GDoms - another bog standard reply but then that is what I expected from them! :mad:

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked it was just .in

They may have updates since?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's why I say that ".in" is in and the rest is out. Unless you are selling to the savvy Indian market directly - which is not where Sedo is focused at.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wot said:
I think this will have the potential to be a very high value sale, I envisage
well in excess of $250,000 to the right buyer.

No offense but you're not even close.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alldig said:
No offense but you're not even close.

I assume you mean I am underestimating the value? :cheeky:

I have the first .co.in sale reported at DNJournal of $2,500. :)

I have five names under offer and enquiries on 3 others. :rolleyes:

But Wot do I know!

Happy days

ToddW said:
I bet they get a lot of people e-mailing them with "awesome packages" and that's why you got the response you did.

If it was my business, and have been quite successful ,retiring in my early fifties, I would sack anybody who did not put every proposal in front of me however outrageous - you just never know.

It is something I still see everyday and that is people read whatever they want to read ignoring the majority of what is in front of them-

We are living in the age of incompetence :mad:

To answer queries on other posts on this thread, Sedo & Afternic have been accepting .co.in for a number of days.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello there Wot,

Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the reply you received. I can guarantee you that it is not because we 'don't care any more'! We care more than ever at the moment, especially for customers like yourself based outside the US who we've just scrapped our minimum commission for! We have also recently updated our system to receive .co.in names after so many people were clamouring for it.

The problem with .co.in names is that domainers are so unsure of how the market is going to pan out. Obviously, .in is the Big One in this arena and would be expected to fetch the highest prices. Finding a portfolio buyer is hard enough at the best of times but right at the birth of the .co.in market, it's very difficult to predict what chances there are of selling these names in bulk.

However, if any arm of Sedo is going to be able to deal with such a great portfolio, then it will be the European one. I believe the reply you received was from one of our US representitives where the chances of selling such a large number of .co.in names are extremely low. The reply you received did make a very salient point though in saying that listing them with us and parking them really does put you in a strong position to tell how the market has received your names and greatly increases our chances of getting them sold for you.

I've passed on the list to our senior broker here and you can definitely keep in contact by email with me so we can see how this develops.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

I disagree that this is the time to sell a large portfolio but then I would would I not and having justsold a .co.in for $2500 I have even more confidence.

Because it has not been done with new extensions does not mean to say it cannot be done and would have expected a much more postitive response from Sedo who are in my opinion are the market leaders.

It indicates to me that from the incredibly lukewarm response from "the brokers" I should now go direct to the Indian market at least there is a huge burgeoning market of entrepeneurs some of whom may at least have the foresight to at least consider the opportunities the portfolio offers.

The fact that I could not even get one "we will give it a try" is extremely disappointing and has dramatically lowered my opinion of the so called "market movers" - I will see how the "However, if any arm of Sedo is going to be able to deal with such a great portfolio, then it will be the European one" goes!

"I've passed on the list to our senior broker here and you can definitely keep in contact by email with me so we can see how this develops. "

Thank you

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like I was right on the money, the silence continues to be deafening!

"I've passed on the list to our senior broker here and you can definitely keep in contact by email with me so we can see how this develops. "

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Wot,

I'd just like to let you know that I have a thing in my calendar next week saying "Email Wot to see how his .co.in names are getting on".

This is because we want to see what kind of traffic your names are getting before we launch into a large-scale brokerage operation.

For the rest of the forumers, since this post first went live, I have emailed Wot, the original point of contact for Sedo has emailed Wot, I have forwarded the mail with his list of names to our senior broker who said "We'll see what kind of traffic we get first".

I'm sorry if you feel you're not getting the attention you require but we prefer to properly analyse domains' potential in this situation.

We have certainly not forgotten you and are continuing to keep an eye on your domains and the .co.in market.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

You won't know traffic as most of it apart from a small percentage is going to www.TajMahal.co.in .

Regards,
Jeff W

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got to give them credit though, at least you can list them :)

Wot,
Looks like there won't be a SEDO sale for a bit
http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=tajmahal.co.in&language=us
DETAILS:
Domain Name tajmahal.co.in without content.
Important:
Please note that this is a transaction involving a .in domain. Domains with this ccTLD cannot be transferred within the first 60 days of the registration period. The first registrations for .in domains were carried out on the 16th February 2005

jim

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wot has some very nice domains and I figure his calculations are right.

.co.in is a much more developed extension and a lot of Indian people know .co.in better than the .in and therefore it has more traffic than .in at the present time.

Good Luck Wot :)

Reaction score
They may be nice domains but I hardly think based on a solitary sale you can expect people to start brokering them for a quarter of a million dollars. Lots of people have lots of .in and .co.in - they are fresh and many people think they are sitting on millions of dollars worth of names - they have no commercial value currently. The one you sold is one of a handful that have immediate 'resale' value. Basing your portfolio worth on that is a dangerous game. I'm sure that when the market has established itself you'll easily find a broker.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wot said:
I assume you mean I am underestimating the value? :cheeky:

I have the first .co.in sale reported at DNJournal of $2,500. :)

I have five names under offer and enquiries on 3 others. :rolleyes:

But Wot do I know!

Happy days

If it was my business, and have been quite successful ,retiring in my early fifties, I would sack anybody who did not put every proposal in front of me however outrageous - you just never know.

It is something I still see everyday and that is people read whatever they want to read ignoring the majority of what is in front of them-

We are living in the age of incompetence :mad:

To answer queries on other posts on this thread, Sedo & Afternic have been accepting .co.in for a number of days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5766465906&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Looks like your 7 day no reserve eBay auction ended at $4500 with no bids.

Are you sure your package of .in/.co.in's is worth 250k+? Or am I still "incompetent" ?

chungju4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeh , u seem to be acting desperate wot , for a sale

no way you will get 250k for those.

the reason sedo, replied the way they did , might be an indicator of the value they place on .co.in rather than customer service.

.coms have value. .co.uk /.de a little, some things like .info , .us have a limited co.in not yet

S

SedoCoUk

As this post has been bumped after a very long time in the cold, I think I'll update you all on the situation:

Our senior broker got in touch with Wot and pointed out that, although the names are actually fantastic, people have been waiting for big .us portfolio sales for 3 years and still have no buyers.
As a result of this, and partly because Wot had already realised that the best way to go was with single sales, he proceeded to sell a great many names at fantastic prices. It does seem that, judging by the prices he has obtained for the ones he has sold, at the end of the day, he could make MORE than 250K for the lot!

However, our original negativity was mainly due to Wot wanting to sell the portfolio in one go. I truly value the handle that Wot has given us on the market, he has made some fantastic sales and gien the industry a great deal of useful information for future valuations of .co.in names!

Best of luck to him and to all of you selling .co.ins (which you can do with Sedo of course...)

Ed

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree. sedo takes the heat and stays in the kitchen so to speak. now if they could only sell all of our names, everyone would be happy:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom