Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo TOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it against Sedos TOS to ask someone to start auctions for you? I don't know how to get auctions started lol and I'm getting impatient here.

Any suggestions?

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It does not appear to be against the TOS, your risk though is that you'd have to sell to the high bidder if no other bids came in.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As long as the auction starter is genuinely willing to pay the reserve price it seems OK to me.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it against Sedos TOS to ask someone to start auctions for you? I don't know how to get auctions started lol and I'm getting impatient here.

Any suggestions?

"patience is key to profitability"

I read in another thread where you were having problems getting names authorized in your account.

Once your domains are parked at Sedo, the visitors become potential bidders when your names are flagged as "for sale".

I closed on three sales so far this year at Sedo and haven't asked anyone to tender an offer, in an attempt to get an auction started.

In fact, as a result of negotiating to a satisfactory price, none of those deals went to auction.

Just checked today and got offer for a LLL.org!!

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I definitely understand what you are saying biggedon. I still have haven't figured out the problem with getting like 4 of the ones I really wanted verified on there. But anyways I didn't ask anyone to try to start an auction for me. What I did do was pay for the featured listing on the front page of the USA. I figure if anyone likes the domain they will offer..

Im still learning as I go so I see its better to just wait and allow people to make offers versus pushing for an auction.

Congrats on your offer hope it was a good one.

S

SedoCoUk

To answer your question Pink Misfit, Sedo employs a strict policy against sellers placing offers for or bids on domains they own. Self-bidding undermines trust in Sedo’s marketplace and is not an acceptable practice. You should also avoid having friends, family members, colleagues, and the like bid on your domains to avoid revocation of marketplace privileges, as this activity may be included within the definition of self-bidding.

More information on Sedo’s policies regarding the marketplace may be found at the two following locations within Sedo’s complete Terms of Use:

The Sedo User Agreement:

http://www.Sedo.com/about/policy.php?page=terms_us&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Sedo’s Rules for Domain Sellers:

http://www.Sedo.com/about/policy.php?page=rules_sellers&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Note that Sedo monitors marketplace and auction activity for self-bidding and shill bids.

I hope this clarifies!

Monica

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To answer your question Pink Misfit, Sedo employs a strict policy against sellers placing offers for or bids on domains they own. Self-bidding undermines trust in Sedo’s marketplace and is not an acceptable practice. You should also avoid having friends, family members, colleagues, and the like bid on your domains to avoid revocation of marketplace privileges, as this activity may be included within the definition of self-bidding.

More information on Sedo’s policies regarding the marketplace may be found at the two following locations within Sedo’s complete Terms of Use:

The Sedo User Agreement:

http://www.Sedo.com/about/policy.php?page=terms_us&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Sedo’s Rules for Domain Sellers:

http://www.Sedo.com/about/policy.php?page=rules_sellers&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Note that Sedo monitors marketplace and auction activity for self-bidding and shill bids.

I hope this clarifies!

Monica

Yes it does thanks Monica. Have another question lol when will I see my domain on the featured page? I have seen others rotating but still haven't seen mine but I got the email saying it was approved and would be rotating over the next 30 days.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So are these sales threads on DNForum that openly state: "Starting price only $70 - place an offer to take the domain to auction" in violation of Sedo's TOS?

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Pink Misfit. Please PM me your username and I'll look into this for you.

With regards to your question Acroplex, it's not an issue to advertise your domains for sale; just don't be doing it with your parked pages. Linking to a domain's offer page is not a problem. As long as your friends/family/you aren't bidding on your domains to get them into auction, there's no issue in advertising your domains for sale.

Hope this clarifies!

Monica

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom