Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Traffic Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

gptpark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just made an offer on a domain parked at Sedo that gets 30k visitors a month based on Sedos stats. The owner accepted the offer and I have made payment.

It doesn't have much linkpop but the name is somewhat unique and it may possibly get that much type-in traffic. But my question is does Sedo allow users to purchase traffic for there parked domains? Or have a way of blocking such activities? Also, if after the transfer the stats go in the toilet, do I have any options to get my money back or ? :huh:

Probably just paranoid. Thanks for your comments.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this has happened to others at sedo, afternic etc, some traffic is just rerouted without even buying traffic, I dont think you have much recourse unless seller made a claim that the traffic was natural ie: typein or se traffic and then it turns out not to be
how are the overture numbers with and without ext on the name.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the price was less than 3k, I think you should worry.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1000 visitors per day is a lot of traffic. You either have a real winner or a bad lemon.

Check Google, Alexa, Overture, Archive.org, etc ... if you can't find much about the domain at those above sites, you likely got ripped.

Never trust stats; meaningless by itself anyways, since lots of traffic alone doesn't make a domain valuable - it's the quality of the traffic that counts - sometimes less is more when comparing traffic domains.

In regards to your question ... Sedo, as like Afternic, etc, makes no guarantees in regards to traffic, etc - they're just a listing service.

Lastly, if you feel you've bought a lemon, all you can really do is cancel the payment (assuming it was ACH; check) ... otherwise, all you can do is complain to the seller/Sedo and hope for the best - likely you've just bought the domain and will have to live with it ... hopefully the domain is worth what you're paid, but if not, your only real recourse would be to sue the seller - a longshot, but may be worth a try if the domain turns out to be total junk.

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
$3k for 30k monthly uniques is unrealistically low; more like $15k would be an appropriate selling price.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$3k is realistic for non-us/non-european link traffic(no PR, low link count).
I thought of the worst traffic possible.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
be carefull with sedo, afternic etc as stats are not accurate...sellers fw expired traffic from other dn on their parked pages and after buying it u will find out that there is no traffic on a dn.
I got 3 different dn lately with link pop ovt with ext values that now gets 1-2 uniqs per day ...
seller made searches on for this dn its self got some ovt points and sold it to me.
Although it has link pop this was mostly from blog sites that today are working tomorrow NOT and this reasults to 1-2 users daily ....sedo does not care about this cases as this does not cover their agreement and I cannot proof anything

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

I think buying domains through websites like sedo or afternic it comes down to buyer beware...

If you are buying a domain name just because the sedo or afternic traffic says it is getting a lot of traffic you need to do as the other posts above said.. Research the domain name before making an offer or even making a payment.

If you are not sure how to research traffic for a domain name I think asking for help and tips on how to do so, by making a post in this forum or other forums is the way to go..

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get the traffic the domain says it has.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom