Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost plontoon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5 years I have been with Sedo. I have used just about every keyword in the book (including "sex") yet I have never received anything above 2 cents per click from them.
Do they really ever pay more?

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no they are the lowest.... sedo sucks

Reece

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really get it myself to be honest -- move a domain from Sedo to somewhere else and some of them will earn 10x as much...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must be the names and the origin of traffic. If you don't get more there is something wrong.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
5 years I have been with Sedo. I have used just about every keyword in the book (including "sex") yet I have never received anything above 2 cents per click from them.
Do they really ever pay more?
Yes, I've seen even 2-3 EUR clicks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rather odd to use such a blanket statement without knowing the quality of the names or the origin.

I have seen over $10 per click on occasion.

If the domains suck, are not monitized properly, poor keywords...then 5 years from now you'll be reposting the same thing.

I an not a huge fan of sedo as it is their customer service that sucks 24/7.

It is what it is.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rather odd to use such a blanket statement without knowing the quality of the names or the origin.

I have seen over $10 per click on occasion.

If the domains suck, are not monitized properly, poor keywords...then 5 years from now you'll be reposting the same thing.

i'd have to agree with that excerp

you could also be trying to attach keywords to domains, where they have no relevance.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo has beat out Domain Sponsor hands down over this year and is leading Parked by a 2 CTR lower and CPM 2%

S

SedoCoUk

Hello All,

Domain parking earnings may fluctuate up or down for a variety of reasons. Some of the factors that can affect the earning potential of your domains are:

• Seasonality: People may change their browsing habits at certain times of year. Summer and warmer months may cause a decrease in visitors, and thus in revenue. More people use their computers in colder weather and during the standard school year.
• Pop Culture: Trends in the real world can affect those in the virtual world.
• Traffic Quality: Higher quality traffic will be rewarded with higher earnings. Lower conversion rates of clicks to sales for sponsors can impact the amount of money certain keywords are worth.

Sedo averages the bid prices from the ad provider to determine your Earnings Per Click (EPC). This amount will fluctuate as our ad provider monitors the traffic and clicks through your domains, and can go down or up depending on how well the advertisements are performing. If more of your clicks are converting into sales, then our ad provider will raise the EPC.

The best solution for this issue is to re-optimize the affected domain. This can include the keyword, the landing page template, the image, etc. A change in these to reflect the changing patterns in your visitors may help to reverse any decline in revenue.

To edit the look of your domain names, please take the following steps:

1. Log into your Sedo account.
2. Click on “Domain Parking” under the “My Sedo”
3. Scroll down and click on the Optimizer link located on the lower left of the page.
4. Make desired changes to your keywords, landing page templates, and images.
5. Save your changes.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

- Carolyn

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Or, move your domains out.

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last month I had a click for €3.75 on one of my domain.. :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$10.80

That was the first click of the month

Each subsequent click has dropped.

Avg now is $4.30 for that domain (keyword).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom