Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo ups commission from 10% to 15% for marketplace sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Adam,
what's your cut? :smilewinkgrin:

MydomainPort

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just signed up and paid on showcase manager. How long does it take to update so I can place my domains for sale?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are live and ready to add your domains.

Thank you for your membership and good luck with sles.

just signed up and paid on showcase manager. How long does it take to update so I can place my domains for sale?

MydomainPort

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks, am I required to park the domains with showcase? or I can leave them with sedo? what is the payout structure if I park with showcase? Thanks in advance

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the official email:

Hi Adam,

Sedo is celebrating a decade as the world’s leading marketplace for buying and selling domains, and we couldn’t have made it this far without you. Thank you!

We’ve been working hard on features you’ve requested and want to empower you with the platform and tools you need. We’re proud to announce the next generation of Sedo’s Domain Marketplace, designed to give you more efficiency, connectivity, and visibility. While you may have already noticed some recent improvements to our site, major changes will be launched on August 1, 2011. You can look forward to:

More Efficiency
• Streamlined purchasing is now quicker and easier for buyers.
• Integrated WhoIs verification helps sellers respond to offers faster and buyers bid with confidence.
• New certification options give members instant access while protecting marketplace security.
More Connectivity
• Smart email notifications inform previous bidders when sellers set a domain as fixed price - making it available as a Buy Now listing - or lower the price of a Buy Now domain by 5% or more.
• With Facebook®, anyone in the world can share the domains they “like” right from Sedo offer pages.
• In-browser search for Firefox® makes it even easier to find the perfect domain.
More Visibility
• All listings automatically enjoy exposure across Sedo’s Domain Marketplace, including our growing SedoMLS Promotion Network. Premium SedoMLS Promotion is available for domains at select registrars, with activation.
• Syndication, instant purchase through partner websites, and referrals bring more targeted leads and boost sales.
• Buy Now domains get added exposure in Sedo’s marketing and promotion channels.
Discover all of the new promotional features of Sedo’s Domain Marketplace on our updated Sell Domains Overview.

As we continue to invest in improvements and increase the visibility of domain listings, the prices for some services, along with our Terms & Conditions, are changing on August 1, 2011. Highlights include:
• 24 more TLDs, including .fr and .it, will benefit from drastically-reduced minimum commissions of 50 USD, rather than the previous 150 USD.
• Commission prices for domain sales will be determined by the promotion channel through which a sale originates and range from 10% to 20%.
• You can still enjoy a low 10% commission for domain sales that originate through Sedo's website if you park your domains and set fixed, "Buy Now" prices.
We invite you to review our revised Price List and Terms & Conditions for full details.

We hope you’re as excited for our August launch as we are, and we cannot wait to help you accomplish more with domains.

Sincerely,

Tim Schumacher
CEO

Sedo.com, LLC
161 First Street :: Cambridge, MA 02142
Tel: +1 617.499.7200 :: Fax: +1 617.499.7202
sedo.com :: support.sedo.com

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Selling on Sedo's Domain Marketplace

Domains listed for sale on Sedo's Domain Marketplace are automatically promoted across Sedo's international family of websites and SedoMLS® Promotion Network based on domain eligibility2. Sedo charges a commission fee for a domain listed and sold on Sedo's Domain Marketplace, determined by the promotion channel through which the sale originates and the final sale price:

Sale Type

Commission

Buy Now sale originating on Sedo's Domain Marketplace in which the domain is also parked with Sedo

10% of sale price
(no minimum fee)

Sale originating on Sedo's Domain Marketplace

15% of sale price (minimum fee applies)

Sale originating on the SedoMLS® Promotion Network

20% of sale price (minimum fee applies)

Commission is based on gross sales price.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sorry Gerry, I didn't have the heart to break the sad news yesterday ;)

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did not get anything at all from Sedo, never do. I just had an experience with them for a mid xxx,xxx domain and they really messed it up. I also had another one a year ago in the mid xx,xxx and they totally messed that up too. When you are sitting negotiating a couple hundred thousand on their marketplace you really wonder what they do for these fees. The list provided in your emails is a sorry excuse for a large commission. A real dialogue must be had when you are in the big ticket items and they really do nothing to earn the fees. If they get a 40k fee you would think they would take active part.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

So, this domainshowcase is available - can one put any price on a domain? It seems the domains listed there are not really quality or high price domains. How old is this site and who runs it?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, this domainshowcase is available - can one put any price on a domain? It seems the domains listed there are not really quality or high price domains. How old is this site and who runs it?

Yes, you can list as many domains as you want at any price and you do not need a bid to push a name to auction. showcasemanager.com is run/owned/operated by dnforum.

I put the site together because I was tired of paying 10% for them to do nothing.

-=DCG=-

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For some sales I want to get paid to my bank account. Does anyone know which sedo alternative will pay to my UK bank account?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Gerry, I didn't have the heart to break the sad news yesterday ;)
Yeah, I saw that domain gangbang post.

I wonder...with the increase in fees should I expect the same shitty service of minimum of 30 days for payment?

Or will the new norm be my record of 94 days?

Amazing that I have to pay them a commission for having such the honor of working with them.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Yes, you can list as many domains as you want at any price and you do not need a bid to push a name to auction. showcasemanager.com is run/owned/operated by dnforum.

I put the site together because I was tired of paying 10% for them to do nothing.

-=DCG=-
I'm also decreasing my appraisal price to $39.99 for each name listed with your service.

It's the least I could do to help you get it off the ground.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shocking. Such a tough market these days and Sedo just twists the knife.

namebank

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems, ShowcaseManger.com do not provide escrow services. And I don't like a long domain name such as "ShowcaseManger.com".
"Cheap" is not always good.
However, do we have no other alternatives better than Sedo?
It's really a sad news.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then you have the confusing issues of VAT for UK sales or EU sales from people or companies without a VALID VAT ID.

I make more money selling to US than I do Europe, yet I still have to list at the same price.

I dont have domains with any of there MLS partners, so I assume the extra 5% does no apply in this case. or Does it?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Adam, not wanting to diss your SCM but you could have at least changed the default template. I got the Developer Licence of that Software last year and abandoned it due the serious security issues with it.

Even worse someone is selling the source code for peanuts (got the email warning us the other day).

I would have thought you would have put together your own system, or is this just an interim whilst your superduper new platform is developed?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems, ShowcaseManger.com do not provide escrow services. And I don't like a long domain name such as "ShowcaseManger.com".
"Cheap" is not always good.
However, do we have no other alternatives better than Sedo?
It's really a sad news.

Showcasemanager does provide under $500 and uses escrow.com above that.
The length of the name has nothing to do with people clicking your for sale link.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have thought you would have put together your own system, or is this just an interim whilst your superduper new platform is developed?

We have over 600 people signed up with a launch set for Mid July.
This code has been modified quite a bit to suit our needs.

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, only a domainer would complain about the length or number of characters in a domain name.

You can have one, two, or three character length names. But that does not ensure traffic or usability. That appears to be a domainers shortsightedness. Each and every name will need branding and promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom