Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo US office fire?? closed indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just doing a followup to a sale and called the US # and got a recording that they had a fire emergency in their building friday and were "closed indefinitely".
Also it seems my emails are being rejected..

jim

GSA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW..hope all is alright there

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can't confirm its the same place but do a google news search and if it same place it was pretty bad..I think sedo's office is on the 14th floor also

jim

search " CAMBRIDGE Mass"

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i wonder why your emails would bounce back though, should stay on the server undelivered shouldn't they?

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How on earth will we know when normal service is resumed?

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is from their website...

Important News from Sedo Boston

Friday morning December 8 there was an electrical fire in the basement of the building where Sedo maintains its Boston office. We are very fortunate that everyone from Sedo Boston is well. While the building is being examined and cleaned the Boston office will operate remotely, therefore response times may be slower than usual. In an effort to reduce down time and provide our customers with the best possible support we are coordinating with the Cologne office.

Sedo’s technical team and infrastructure is in Cologne and has not been affected. The website, parking pages and statistics were not affected.

For more details on the building fire please visit our local news website at:
http://cbs4boston.com/national/topstories_story_342133907.html
http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_342114104.html

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is nothing on the Sedo.co.uk site about this! You would have thought Sedo would at least let us know about this.

I have a sale via the 'auctions' that is meant to complete by tomorrow (buyer meant to have paid), and as all auction sales are handled via the US office, which presumably means this deal is off (no way for me to know differently as buyers identity is kept a secret by Sedo so I cannot contact them to see if they have paid). Ah well, back to the drawing board.

By the way it is also the worst day ever so far today for parking and visitors to date.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
glad everyone is ok at sedo, but sad to read about the one person lost.

S

SedoCoUk

Hey guys,

There was an electrical fire in our office building on Friday, December 8th, which was the result of a transformer blowing up in the basement. Because of this, the office was closed for the rest of the day on Friday, and was not open today. I have no updates as of when the building will be reopened, but as of now, Sedo employees will be working from home. Our database, as well as transfers, will not be affected. However, customer service emails will be delayed a couple of days. If you have any questions that require immediate assistance feel free to PM me or send me an email, and I will be happy to assist you as soon as I can.

Sara

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone is fine.

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

There was an electrical fire in our office building on Friday, December 8th, which was the result of a transformer blowing up in the basement. Because of this, the office was closed for the rest of the day on Friday, and was not open today. I have no updates as of when the building will be reopened, but as of now, Sedo employees will be working from home. Our database, as well as transfers, will not be affected. However, customer service emails will be delayed a couple of days. If you have any questions that require immediate assistance feel free to PM me or send me an email, and I will be happy to assist you as soon as I can.

Sara

Sara

Are our SedoPRO account managers based in Europe or the US?

Thanks
Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom