Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo vs. Moniker? Does It Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDough

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I have been in Internet marketing for the past 12 yrs (SEO/SEM) and have been building a nice inventory of URLs.....my question really starts with is there a major difference in terms of performance, payouts, service, etc. between Moniker & Sedo?

Do I really need to consider any other parking solution that out performs these two?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moniker is not considered as a parking solution

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is a domain registrar, no parking company.

Generalized, I can recommend the following parking services:

Sedo for European traffic
Parked.com for US traffic
Fabulous.com for gambling traffic (not use them myself because I don't own any gambling domains, but have only heard good things about them)

After having gathered some stats it's always better to look at CTR, RPM, etc. on a domain-by-domain basis. The parking services above have been performing quite well for my portfolio overall. It's always possible that a domain does not perform well at one company at all but performs a lot better at another company. So moving your portfolio around should give you more insight into your portfolio's traffic and what your visitors are looking for.

AngelDough

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
moniker is not considered as a parking solution

Does Moniker own DomainSponsor? That seems to be the parking company they direct you to?

Either way... SEDO vs. DomainSponsor - same questions apply or can you recommend a better parking solution?

thanks

Domainster

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does Moniker own DomainSponsor? That seems to be the parking company they direct you to?

Either way... SEDO vs. DomainSponsor - same questions apply or can you recommend a better parking solution?

thanks

Oversee.Net owns both Moniker and DomainSponsor as separate subsidiaries.

Moniker has had a parking program called TrafficClub....but "took a back seat" once Moniker and DomainSponsor went under the same parent company umbrella.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
200 names should be enough for Sedo Pro. You can ask me or many others for a recommendation. I don't have much basis for comparison as I have always used them but Sedo has been pretty decent for me overall plus the sales commissions for smaller name sales are low (10% vs. $50 minimum) if you park there. They also seem to be pretty ethical which is good but almost odd, frankly, for much of this business. Unfortunately, between the economy and Google (in the case of Sedo) commissions are generally trending down some pretty much everywhere as best as I can ascertain.

If you have 200 names (or any names that you aren't using), you sure should park them. There is no commitment and you can move then elsewhere if you aren't happy. Un-parked and unused, they are just costing you money. If you are lucky, you may that you have a few that perform well and at least pay some of you ever increasing renewal fees. You may also get some decent responsive offers too.

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Radioz - taht's the biggest mistake one can make. Using one company thinking it's best without trying others.

My small comparison:
(link removed) HIT my sig and scroll down to read about Parking

Sedo - almost none domains work with them and they got about 30-40% revenue comparing to competition, can even get 0,01$ for mesothelioma click.
Sedopro - better but still beaten by almost everyone, even those who haven't got strict rules for approval.

Parked - TOP, awesome CTR, PPC, but doesn't have good CTR for some expired sites that had very specific content in past.

Namedrive - TOP, almost good as Parked, works well for example for .CZ .SK traffic.

Fabulos - TOP, but needs good type-in DN to get approved

Whypark - very good in revenue, require 90$ fee but returns it in good revenue

Hitfarm - pretty good for plenty of domains, but to get approved You need 1000$/month

did I miss someone. Read thread about Parked for example, most people are amazed about their earnings above Sedo. OK, some are not, nothing works for everyone and everyones domains.
Try anyone else and You'll find out that You're losing money each month.

Last edited:

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me having the same problem. Sedo doesn't give good revenue and parked doesn't approve. Currently using Namedrive but still not happy.

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If You see my sig, You'll know that it's worth to fight to get approved by Parked. I have quite sh!t|y domains and I was approved. 1. Try to put in list best domains with expensive keywords like poker, mortgage, loan, insurance, bank, invest, forex. 2. Try to contact their support, Especially Donny at Namepros domainer forum, he's real standup guy and he'll help You for sure. Imagine getting 0,24$ for adult domains with "adult dating" keywords and 10-15% CTR, it's just unbelievable. Also Parked counts more clicks per IP. My personal record is 7UIP on domain and 27 counted clicks, each valued at 0,67$. that's 18$ for 7 visitors, I was talking to Donny about this as I was worried, he checked my account and said everything is fine and it's real traffic.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If You see my sig, You'll know that it's worth to fight to get approved by Parked. I have quite sh!t|y domains and I was approved. 1. Try to put in list best domains with expensive keywords like poker, mortgage, loan, insurance, bank, invest, forex. 2. Try to contact their support, Especially Donny at Namepros domainer forum, he's real standup guy and he'll help You for sure. Imagine getting 0,24$ for adult domains with "adult dating" keywords and 10-15% CTR, it's just unbelievable. Also Parked counts more clicks per IP. My personal record is 7UIP on domain and 27 counted clicks, each valued at 0,67$. that's 18$ for 7 visitors, I was talking to Donny about this as I was worried, he checked my account and said everything is fine and it's real traffic.

Thanks for the info friend. Now, i will try to do as adviced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom