Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 40 names parked at sedo. About a month ago I typed in one of my domain names and it went to sedo, but in my sedo account, it wasn't listed! I submitted a ticket and they apologized for the error and gave me a premium listing for a week to make up for it.

Then tonight it happened again! Another name going to sedo and missing from my account!

How often does this happen? I was wondering why 1 month a name makes money and then the next, it does squat! I wonder how many times my names have been leaving my account.

I only have 40 names there, what if I had thousands where it would be harder to catch this? I think it's very odd that I have caught them twice doing this!

Anyone else have any of these issues?

Domain Days 2024

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe I am the only one! I found another one today and I am done with sedo!
Any other good ways to park names?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sh*t gonna check. mind you prob got about 800, so anyones guess!
not sure whats going on with them at mo.
Pred

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if sedo states their stats as being displayed in real time, but I do often notice lenghty lags in stat counts, with updates coming in surges. Most usually with lags over the weekend and updates coming Monday, give or take.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know what is going on at Sedo. Last week I saw my daily earnings halve suddenly, I mean actually the earnings at the end of the day being halved! This was Tuesday and Friday, I have emailed Sedo, but you have guessed it, no reply to either e-mail yet. I was going to phone today but other business got in the way, but tomorrow they are going to give me some answers let me assure you!

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aaaaahh, tempted to say GOOD OL'E SEDO

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just found another of my names parked, but not in my account!!! I sent them an email, but this is getting very old.
In the past I only heard good things about them, but now I question their business practices!

cuntryboy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 225 domain names at Sedo and my earnings fluctuate. It goes along the lines of this: Let's say I have $8.30 in revenue. It will go to $8.33 and then $8.43, then drop to $8.35, then $8.38, then $8.53, then $8.42, then $8.47, then $8.65. I mean, if you charted it, it would look like the chart of a stock, with all of the ups and downs. I trends upward, fortunately, but I don't understand why revenue falls so often or at all! It doesn't make any sense.

stew2yk

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had cryonics.tv parked at sedo for over a month but was still showing that it was being verified, but yet I wasnt getting any revenue. I contacted Sedo and 2 days later is was verified with no stats, 0. Even though I had visited the site to make sure it was parked correctley. Where does that revenue go???

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No transparency leads to abuse. Sedo can mess with anything, and as long as their process is hidden, how are you going to know? Really, all their services are going down the tubes. Even the new auction sucks. I have one auction that closed November 18th and zippo.

cuntryboy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll be putting the Domainmobile in reverse and finding a new parking spot soon.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The crooks will eat you alive, if you don't start developing boys.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with Sasquatch, I have already started doing so. Not only will I get all the earnings due to me but also earn more by 'linking' sites together.

I wonder why so many people visit some of my domains that are not linked and then do not proceed to even click on a relative link?

The investment in developing is small in money terms but more expensive in terms of time.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can say is move or shut up...Sedo does not give a sh*t. They make that very clear to us. I have had many, many problems with my earnings being halved (with same stats or better). I would complain...get you no where with them. You just have to move.

cuntryboy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wanting to wait until the next payout, but my Sedo account amount keeps dropping so fast, I have to bail out now, because if my account amount keeps falling like it is, I'll soon be paying them.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with Sasquatch, I have already started doing so. Not only will I get all the earnings due to me but also earn more by 'linking' sites together.

and don't forget that:

- a developed domain can also generate search results
- a developed domain will often sell for more than a parked domain

cuntryboy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My revenue total a few days ago was over $9.50. The other day, it was around $8.88 or so. I unparked my domains, but logged on to see what the earnings amount had fallen to since the last time. It's $7.98 right now.

Is there any reason, other than fraud, that this could happen?

DomainLord

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A possibility of the funds dropping could be multiple clicks by same ip address. At first it will credit your account, but if a flag is thrown up then they will look at it more closely. If you have "mistakingly" clicked one or have had someone click it for you a few times they could have gone back and not paid you for that. Another reason is the advertiser might have not come through on their funds and therfore if sedo dont get paid then you don't. They will simply subtract those clicks from your totals. And finally, they could have their hand in the cookie jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom